Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
going to gigs*

Nina Simone = €75
Blondie = €50
Prince = €60 + €70
QOTSA = €too much

jesus even some dick from the devlins is charging nearly €30!

Can somebody tell me what the fuck is going on?

*not actually going to any of these but, fuck!

Originally posted by Anthony
going to gigs*

Nina Simone = €75
Blondie = €50
Prince = €60 + €70
QOTSA = €too much

People will pay the money, so people will charge it...
The whole spirit of boycott, protest has no place in Celtic wanker ireland.
That said, I've made a serious effort not to go to MCD gigs, but QOTSA... I'm afraid I can't boycott that one :(

Originally posted by billygannon
Ahem...

Ballroom of Romance...

€5

I mean seriously, this does highlight the whole thing... 4 bands and a CD, plus a bar where you'll get served virtually straight away, for €5. Thats £3.95 folks!!!!

Sunstroke '95 was something like £16, theres gigs in whelans cost more than this now.. its only 7 years ago.

going to gigs*

Nina Simone = €75
Blondie = €50
Prince = €60 + €70
QOTSA = €too much

I'd love to go and see Nina Simone she must be going
to kick the bucket fairly soon she was born in 1935 can't believe
she still up and about.

Re: Re: why bother?

Originally posted by sarah

I'd love to go and see Nina Simone she must be going
to kick the bucket fairly soon she was born in 1935 can't believe
she still up and about.

i seen that dame. rappa buzz.

i really want to go to all 3 of these but it's fucking crazy! this'll probably become the standard now until cloning comes in...

going to gigs*

Nina Simone = €75
Blondie = €50
Prince = €60 + €70

Re: Re: why bother?

Originally posted by happy
i really want to go to all 3 of these but it's fucking crazy! this'll probably become the standard now until cloning comes in...

well, relax dave hag, for prince is sold out an you can't go anyway. here's the thing buh, gerr onto your mate, darragh pur-cell and see if he'll cadge you in.

this is to do with the immutable rule of logic that pervades our economy. if it is expensive, it must be good.

ergo, if it's good......

It's a wee bit irritating but unfortunately some of those prices aren't too far off what you'd have to ask, it's not just down to mcd, bands are looking for absurd amounts of money, i'm sure miss simone isn't cheap to get over here, and because you can't really tell how many folks will fork out for the show they have to keep the prices high to cover any loses.
The Dandy Warhol's are asking in the region of €25,000 to do a show, so in a venue like the ambassador you'd have to charge at least 35 euro(probably more) to cover your costs in the case of the gig not selling well.
Even prince, i'm sure he asks for an absurd amount of money, and the fact is the gig sold out in about 30 minutes so there's obviously some folks with money to burn around.
I am truely bitter about the blondie and nina simone prices though.

Re: Re: Re: why bother?

Originally posted by Hector Grey
this is to do with the immutable rule of logic that pervades our economy. if it is expensive, it must be good.

Conversely, there's the old "how much is it into your gig? £3? Must be shit, so."

The formula goes something like this:

(How big a band used to be + the number of years since they've had a hit - rounded to the nearest five) x (the fact that their fans are now a few points up the pay scale in their jobs and not pauper students anymore + and don't go to gigs regularly anyway, so may as well pay for the special occassion) + Booking fee = ticket price

i really wanted to go to prince but 70 euro :eek: i wanted to get one for me and my boyfriend a ticket like, and i was really looking forward to it but 140 euro eh no i dont think so!! ill get a bottle of wine and stick purple rain on or something instead ha ha still im sure its goin to be a gr8 gig sigh!! blondie would be gr8 too im upset now :(

Bollocks to Prince, Death in Vegas are on the same night, so is the UCD Freshers Ball which will be top quality with superstar dj Mark McCabe

exactly, look these know they can cahrge these prices as they are guaranteed to make a massive profit on these shows at these prices

my personal opijnion is that there is many a fine band who charge alot alot less and are jsut as good live as these bands

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back