Who is your favourite and why? (1 Viewer)

Who is your favourite and why?

• The MC5

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The Stooges

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Radiobirdman

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

brianoak

These are my big three as far as rock and roll goes.Pick one and discuss.|..|.
God,Sundays are boring.............

Hard choice but I would have to go for radiobirdman because their songs are amazing and I never heard another band that sounds like them.

Stooges is the obvious one and one that would probably come out top for most people.
I'd probably go for MC5 myself though. I just wish they would reissue a different more powerful mix of the 2nd and 3rd albums. The songs are hard to touch and the bootlegs and albums like Thunder Express etc are insanely good.
Radio birdman would lose out purely because they came after the other two. Athough Sonic's Rendezvous could have been the best band ever.

to be perfectly honest, and i've never made any big secret about it, i have very little time for rock music personally. it generally does nothing for me. only my opinion, but: i do find the "rock and roll" paradigm extremely dull, and i find the concept of "rock stars" distasteful. i will of course agree that this opinion is not one shared by all. however, i will admit to a real love of The Stooges' Bacchanalia, wonderful stuff.

Brian Conniffe said:
to be perfectly honest, and i've never made any big secret about it, i have very little time for rock music personally. it generally does nothing for me. only my opinion, but: i do find the "rock and roll" paradigm extremely dull, and i find the concept of "rock stars" distasteful. i will of course agree that this opinion is not one shared by all. however, i will admit to a real love of The Stooges' Bacchanalia, wonderful stuff.

yeah i know where you're coming from, and agree to some extent, but it really doesn't apply to the stooges... maybe the MC5, they don't do that much for me.
the stooges were pretty much the antithesis of it imho... deliberately raw, deliberately angular, and at the time deliberately set against the audience and their expectations. raw fucking power!

Im kinda the opposite.i love all the poses the MC5 pulled when they were playing and the decadance of Motley Crue etc.
I love that foot on monitor buzz.
Brian Conniffe said:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back