who do you think is the best irish band? (1 Viewer)

worst

Worst is probably the muppet that was on before Mark Eitzel last night. He was so bad we thought he was taking the piss at first, but he just kept going and going. I was this close )( to throwing a pint glass at him.

the oxygen of publicity

Think, www.thinkmusic.ie, as he reminded us about 5 times during his set.

I especially liked it when he informed us that he didn't want preachers, but rather teachers. I can't remember if that gem was in the song that we decided was about masturbating in a car park before hanging round a lost property office and teasing a deaf mute, but it was all good.

on topic - :p

rollerskate skinny's first album is one of me all time favourites. gig-wise the rednecks, decal and jimmy cake are consistently grrrrreat.

Originally posted by conor
on topic - :p

rollerskate skinny's first album is one of me all time favourites.

vindicated. :p dudley and the other one.
shoulder voices is AMAZING.

Originally posted by mark
vindicated. :p dudley and the other one.
shoulder voices is AMAZING.

after forever having a fuzzy tape of it recorded offa me mates vinyl, i got it at long last on cd offa amazon last year. my mission is to burn it for as many people as possible to spread the good word.
it.is.soooo.good. one of those albums where i can just sit there dumbfounded.

or else jump around like an eeejit.

Originally posted by happy
slap on the back, slap on the back, no you're deadly, no you are, yeah we are, aren't we?
think about your favourite records... the ones you'll be playing for years to come... (loveless for instance...) 'any of them irish bands that are around at the moment? really? and their records measure up to the likes of loveless? there's a couple of really good tunes around, chalets, jimmy cake, c4o, trm, etc... as for really really groundbreaking amazing bands? come on! not saying it won't happen... it gets better all the time but at the moment ... "the scene that sucks it's own cock" wouldn't be too far off what i might say if i had an opinion.

Aw maaaan....

I fucking hate the Daemian Frost. I'm going to tape over that album of theirs....

Originally posted by conor
after forever having a fuzzy tape of it recorded offa me mates vinyl, i got it at long last on cd offa amazon last year. my mission is to burn it for as many people as possible to spread the good word.
it.is.soooo.good. one of those albums where i can just sit there dumbfounded.

or else jump around like an eeejit.
obviously never a punter of The Blue Room. Fibbers. Circa early 90's. where I dj'd the fuck outa that album

rollerskate prick were only good when they were called "shake" and had a picture of a giant strawberry on all their posters, indie milkpiss.
then he discovers his brother is in a band that is actuallly any good, so changes then name, robs all his brothers ideas and becomes rollerskate skinny - the wanking man's fucksnot. pure shite.

as for "duh, best band in oirland...."
LARGE FUCKIN' MOUND, and stop beating round the bush....as it were......

Originally posted by the bearded lady

as for "duh, best band in oirland...."
LARGE FUCKIN' MOUND, and stop beating round the bush....as it were......

Nah....

I liked their earlier stuff, but they've gone too commercial.

Anyway, nobody has ever heard my favourite band - not even me.

slap on the back slap on the back?

for my part, all I did was express my opinion.

If I like a band, I'll say it but if I really dislike a band, I'm hardly going to say it on a public forum where members of the band might reside.

Have you ever walked up to someone you didn't know *that* well and said, 'hey,you, I don't like you?' I doubt it.

It's just rude.

I'm pleading gump-ness on this one... If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.

I'll keep my dislikes to myself.

That said, if someone told me they *really* hated URC, I don't think it would really bother me.

Who knows?
Who cares?

I need more sleep and possibly some food.

d.

Are you still going to Berlin?
The Germans really speak their mind... or don't. Can't remember. Being a Spurs fan, it's 57 years since I've been there.

Originally posted by donnacha
If I like a band, I'll say it but if I really dislike a band, I'm hardly going to say it on a public forum where members of the band might reside.
If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.

yessum. me also.

yo d!

my post wasn't directed at you in particular and i never said i disliked any band. it's been described as the scene that celebrates itself, and it does. it's bit unwarranted sometimes is all i was saying...

sleep and food are both good.

peace out brother.

;)

Originally posted by donnacha
slap on the back slap on the back?

Originally posted by happy
yo d!

my post wasn't directed at you in particular and i never said i disliked any band. it's been described as the scene that celebrates itself, and it does. it's bit unwarranted sometimes is all i was saying...

sleep and food are both good.

peace out brother.

;)

Jesus Christ, I remember saying the exact same thing and being fucking toren to bits over it, by many people, you included...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back