who do you think is the best irish band? (2 Viewers)

Rim me? I thought you said "ring me"!

Daemian Frost.

Or the Warlords of Pez

Or the Conquerors. Played support to Ireland's youngest best balladeer, Dominic Kirwan. Fascinating professionalism.

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
ok... it is from the catcher in the rye by jd salinger .

in chapter ten holden is describing his sister phoebe
" she's only ten.she's quite skinny , like me , but nice skinny.
roller-skate skinny"
D'oh again! I've read that a couple times! Thanks for informing--woulda driven me mad trying to remember! god, since the Salinger protegé scandal a few years back, that passage gives creepy insight into ol' J.D.

Originally posted by egg_
singer-songwriter: Damien Dempsey

the man is a poet...and he can rap as gud as P.Diddy*

or puff, or sean or, sean puffy coombs or diddy puff pr puff puff

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/2025/puff.html

puffy2.jpg

puff

Damo is deadly though...

If we are talking about truly, truly *great* bands who are actulally alive and playing in Dublin right now, I would have to say:

1. The Cake
2. Pez

No-one can touch the cake.

No-one can touch Pez.

Apart from that, I like TRM, C40 and The Chalets [performance at nothing was great].

My vote for 'most likely to break out of the Dublin ghetto and make a million bucks' probably goes to The Chalets. If someone got them to Japan they'd blow up in about six minutes.

Originally posted by donnacha
If someone got them to Japan they'd blow up in about six minutes.

Problem is, their success would probably last that long there too.

at the moment,

tycho brahe++
chalets++
evangelists++

insomnia--

insomnia the condition, not insomnia the band (if there is one)

Originally posted by egg_
Band: still trm
singer-songwriter: Damien Dempsey, with Mumblin Deaf Ro looking like a serious new contender for the title

aaahhhh shucks - get outta town. Thanks.

Best band is probably My Bloody valentine or rollerskate skinny alright. My favourite Irish album is the Sewing Room's debut.

Of the band's around at the moment, I refer again to my settler fetish.

Rory Gallagher not good enough?
THIN LIZZY, and SULTANS OF PING F.C. ...
EMPERORS OF ICE-CREAM, and LIR also....
Don`t have like that these days.
Best at the moment i think are probably THE DAGDA.

What about ASH then?

worst band are The Fluid Druids, never seen 'em live. not that I would take to their reggae/punk style. Singer is my flat mate and I can here him belting out an ultimate drone of a song right now. I'll have words.....

slap on the back, slap on the back, no you're deadly, no you are, yeah we are, aren't we?
think about your favourite records... the ones you'll be playing for years to come... (loveless for instance...) 'any of them irish bands that are around at the moment? really? and their records measure up to the likes of loveless? there's a couple of really good tunes around, chalets, jimmy cake, c4o, trm, etc... as for really really groundbreaking amazing bands? come on! not saying it won't happen... it gets better all the time but at the moment ... "the scene that sucks it's own cock" wouldn't be too far off what i might say if i had an opinion.

In responce to Happy (whatever), good point, just look back to the mid 90s when a similiar amount of Irish albums were flooding out. What ones still get played. Mexican Pets' nobodies working title gets my vote.

Originally posted by happy
slap on the back, slap on the back, no you're deadly, no you are, yeah we are, aren't we?
think about your favourite records... the ones you'll be playing for years to come... (loveless for instance...) 'any of them irish bands that are around at the moment? really? and their records measure up to the likes of loveless? there's a couple of really good tunes around, chalets, jimmy cake, c4o, trm, etc... as for really really groundbreaking amazing bands? come on! not saying it won't happen... it gets better all the time but at the moment ... "the scene that sucks it's own cock" wouldn't be too far off what i might say if i had an opinion.

hag: you're a curmudgeonly fucker. and you're dead right. well said.

Originally posted by happy

yes. kevin shields and i go way back. :rolleyes:

What about U2 and THE PALE???hah...THERAPY?...
Nah...just kidding...there ain`t much to shout about at the moment i guess..plenty promise though...and THE DAGDA - belfasts finest.22 limericks finest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back