who do people follow? (1 Viewer)

I was a die hard Bon Accord fan until Abroath beat us 36 - 0 in the Scottish Cup in 1885. That Bon Accord team still rolls off the tongue like honey.

BON ACCORD:

GK Andrew Lornie

DF unknown

DF unknown

DF unknown

DF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

FW unknown

I was a die hard Bon Accord fan until Abroath beat us 36 - 0 in the Scottish Cup in 1885. That Bon Accord team still rolls off the tongue like honey.

BON ACCORD:

GK Andrew Lornie

DF unknown

DF unknown

DF unknown

DF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

FW unknown

That's the kind of knowledge every schoolboy used to pick up from Shoot! in my day. Nowadays kids would struggle to name the heroic bobby from the white horse Cup Final or the 12 founding members of the football league.

BON ACCORD:

GK Andrew Lornie

DF unknown

DF unknown

DF unknown

DF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

MF unknown

FW unknown
ha ha! i'll never forget that thrashing we gave you. playup, 'broath! petrie for the cup!

That's the kind of knowledge every schoolboy used to pick up from Shoot! in my day. Nowadays kids would struggle to name the heroic bobby from the white horse Cup Final or the 12 founding members of the football league.

I think I learned that in 'Ask Roy' in Roy Of The Rovers. It's amazing how much childhood trivia stays with you forever and how nowadays I cant even finish a sentence without forgetting why I started whatever it is Im talking about.

I do get a grin at how a lot of Irish people's reason for following some English team is a three sentence long explanation/defence involving their brother or some childhood infatuation with something on the telly.

And Irish people joking about most United fans being from London is the goddamn, hands-down funniest/saddest thing in the world.
Day-tripping glory-hunting fuckwits for the most part.
Support your local team.

big difference between following and supporting.

Supported them a lot more when I was a kid though.

Guilty also. I go over to see a game about once a year. Best one was with De Canio in charge against Charlton (we won 1-0). Not a great atmosphere in Loftus Road these days though. I saw us play Sheff Utd a couple of months ago and the crowd were really on the team's back. Hope it improves a bit. Briatore is a bit of an idiot. Someone should sit him down and explain to him how not to antagonise fans.

I would like to support an Irish team but I just can't warm to any of them. I totally agree that supporting football teams in general is nuts.

Not really, just degrees of the same thing, and a way for the more invested to differentiate themselves from the less so.

Well I'd see it like this.

I 'follow' a club. That means I watch their games on television when I get the chance. I keep an eye out for their results, monitor the transfer activity etc. Ultimately I have no geographical connection with the club and if they went under I wouldn't really care that much.

'Supporting' a club to me means:
- Referring to them as 'we'
- Going to games i.e supporting them financially
- Buying the jersey, scarves etc

The drummer mostly. Finn Harps if I could be arsed with team sports.

'Supporting' a club to me means:
- Referring to them as 'we'
- Going to games i.e supporting them financially
- Buying the jersey, scarves etc

guilty of all these things with Sheffield Wednesday.

Also follow Celtic cus of my dad and Cork City.

For the united fans - 18 years ago today this happened!

sheridan1.gif

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3815/sheridan1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back