who do people follow? (1 Viewer)

apologies if this thread as been done...
do you follow 'big teams' or your locals?
im a mansfield town supporter...:heart:

whats the standard? ive watched a couple of games on sky..
usual teams covered linfield, glentoran etc...

I was born in Hackney so followed Arsenal as did my pops and bro, moved home in '75 and adopted Bohemians as my local team (which was 2-3 miles down the road)
Was mightily depressed on Saturday but cheered up a wee bit when ManURE were knocked out the following day.

I was born in Hackney so followed Arsenal as did my pops and bro, moved home in '75 and adopted Bohemians as my local team (which was 2-3 miles down the road)
Was mightily depressed on Saturday but cheered up a wee bit when ManURE were knocked out the following day.
i have a slight yearning for arsenal through my old housemate, we used to go and see thema fair bit...
i have a scottish team - ICT -i follow cos a relative used to play for them when they were just inverness caledonion...
whats the standard like in the irish/eircom leagues?
probably about our standard, mansfield blue sq prem..

im a mansfield town supporter...:heart:

my favourite mansfield town player ever!!!
E were Reet gud!

Danny_Reet.jpg

I do get a grin at how a lot of Irish people's reason for following some English team is a three sentence long explanation/defence involving their brother or some childhood infatuation with something on the telly.

And Irish people joking about most United fans being from London is the goddamn, hands-down funniest/saddest thing in the world.
Day-tripping glory-hunting fuckwits for the most part.
Support your local team.

I will add that the inexplicableness (inexplicability?) of Irish people following English teams is about as inexplicable as sports fandom itself.

Face-painting, riots, big cable bills etc. all in the name of heaping adoration on a bunch of millionaires who couldn't care less about you.

Funny old game really.

When I was starting senior infants I, like many other classmates, decided to pick an English soccer club to follow. The team I picked has won the League Cup the previous year and lost out on the league title by one point to Liverpool.

They haven't won a trophy since then.

33 YEARS

Massive club.

I do get a grin at how a lot of Irish people's reason for following some English team is a three sentence long explanation/defence involving their brother or some childhood infatuation with something on the telly.

And Irish people joking about most United fans being from London is the goddamn, hands-down funniest/saddest thing in the world.
Day-tripping glory-hunting fuckwits for the most part.
Support your local team.
damn right. don't listen to music from outside your local town, or films that weren't filmed in connemara. don't go out with girls that don't have red faces and fat ankles. ride your sister.

When I was starting senior infants I, like many other classmates, decided to pick an English soccer club to follow. The team I picked has won the League Cup the previous year and lost out on the league title by one point to Liverpool.

They haven't won a trophy since then.

33 YEARS

Citeh?

We have a great chance this year if Rafa stays and doesn't fuck up his team selection. Heading over for the Arsenal game after work, fuckin' poncey London cunts. Olé Olé Olé, You'll Never Beat the Oirish. I'll throw the photos up on Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back