white.rabbit : musiq festival in february (1 Viewer)

whiterabbit

Website
Visit site
How's it going with the thumped people? (that sounds weird)

This is a longish post, but we'd appreciate if ye gave it a read!

Here's the scéal:
We're organising a musiq festival in Dublin.
Here are the rough details so far:
- for the moment, it's called white.rabbit
- mid-February (that's the plan)
- electronica/experimental/deadly music
- 2 or 3 days at the weekend (i.e., Fri+Sat+maybe Sun).

Here's a list of the overseas acts we're trying to book - some of them have said yes, can't tell ye which ones yet! - and it's very very ambitious (money-wise):

Plaid
Bogdan Raczynski
Max Tundra
Cylob
Tom Middleton
Mira Calix
Mike Paradinas [mu-ziq]
Mr. Scruff

Hopefully that should get people interested! Anyway, there are two things I want to ask you good people:

-Firstly, if there's anyone floating around these messageboards from any of the following list, we'd love to have ye playing if you're up for it, so feel free to get in touch via the email address at the bottom of this post (no messers!):

Spectac
Ambulance
The Last Sound
Autamata
The Tycho Brahe
The Redneck Manifesto
Connect Four Orchestra

Some of ye may have got emails from me already about this, but anyway. This is an unusual way to get in touch with bands, but they don't all check their emails regularly and I'd expect a lot of them would put in the odd appearance here.

-Secondly, we're looking for help (especially from anyone who's done this kind of stuff before)! At the moment, what we need to do is hound various company-type people for sponsorship, so if anyone's willing to help out in that regard (sponsorship or hounding!), that'd be great. Funding is the most important thang right now, as we'll need a decent amount before we start ticket sales, to ensure that we've enough to cover the bigger costs until the ticket money comes in. And then we've gotta decide on a venue etc. Blah blah blah.

Jesus, I'm rambling on! Okay, thanks to everyone for reading this far, and hope ye're interested! There'll be a website set up in the next week, and meanwhile you can email the address below.

Later
The white.rabbit team

*** email: [email protected] ***

Looks like a great lineup if you can pull it off, good luck

Update

Update:

Acts who've given us the thumbs-up so far include Plaid, Mira Calix, Max Tundra, Estel, the Tycho Brahe. Go them! I'm sure there's more but my brain's not fully switched on right now.

If ye think ye might be able to help us find sponsorship (as you can see, it's for a good cause!), please email [email protected]. This is an independent thing.

Deadly buzz.

white.rabbit

updatism

Yo.

So far, the following have said "yes indeed" to the festival:

PLAID
MIRA CALIX
MAX TUNDRA
THE LAST SOUND
HERV
PAWEL GRABOWSKI
THE TYCHO BRAHE
ESTEL

And no doubt more are making up their minds as I speak.
Help is still needed with sponsorship; email below. Cheers.
Keep it real.

[ [email protected] ]

That lineup looks pretty decent, but you should try to get a few acts over that haven't played in Ireland before. Plaid (as good as they are) have played here what.......seven times? (UCD, The Funnel, Lissard Festival, four times at the TBMC I fink). I'd go to see them again though.

Max Tundra plays here every second month it seems. I'd like to see Mira Calix again though, she just did a DJ set the last time she was over (supporting Autechre in the Funnel).

You should get Jamie Lidell over. Technically he has played here before (as part of Supercollider) but his solo live show is different to the Supercollider stuff and is really mental. He was the best act I saw at Sonar.

may i suggest that rather than doing it in dublin, which doesnt really feel like a festival, that you try an all tomorrows parties approach and have it down the country in a mosney type place?

redflaremist said:
may i suggest that rather than doing it in dublin, which doesnt really feel like a festival, that you try an all tomorrows parties approach and have it down the country in a mosney type place?

while this is a fabillis idea in principle we don't have the transport links the British do - Rye is well connected by rail and it's not madly dear either, which makes it a viable option. Taking our utter lack of reliable public transport into account, holding this anywhere else might be difficult - unless it's somewhere else similarly well connected. Also, our levels of VRT mean lots of people of The Probable Expected Attending Age actually don't own cars, which means they can't get there under their own steam. And a further also: do any other mosney style places barring trabolgan exist??

Not to be too of the pouring cold water on - it sounds ace and I'd be well up for it. As long as I could actually get to it.

thayl has some good points dude

i read all over the no future boards that lidell was amazing at sonar

it is however his record labels chat "rise robots rise"

plaid also supported orbital twice in dublin

i remember some ignorant fuck tell me they were tryin to sound to like orbital at the gig
i said "you twat"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back