Whiplash (1 Viewer)

MacDara

Contributor
Website
macdaraconroy.com
2ce85df04f10d845d088abd07283ce75_L.jpg

JK Simmons is more than a supporting actor in breakout jazz drama Whiplash says MacDara Conroy

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought a fair few things that Kid Millions thinks while watching it, but when it ended I realised that it was a film and not a factual depection of drumming or music. Just because I know music i was taking it personal. I watched Unbroken lastnight, I'm certain that was a 100% factual depiction of how an olympian trains.

But Kid Millions is saying that it's both a terrible depiction of drumming and a ridiculous movie in itself, drumming or otherwise. To be honest, the premise does sound absolutely laughable.

Movies are supposed to be ridiculous. Kid Millions isn't reviewing a movie, he's comparing a work of fiction to reality and telling us where the gaps lie in its depiction of reality. I think you could apply the same analysis to 90% of movies and still be able to say the same things.
Serioulsy, he's giving out about the size of the rack tom. typical fucking drummer.

To be honest, the premise does sound absolutely laughable.

Absolutely. There is no way I'm paying exorbitant cinema prices to watch a guy shout at a drummer

It could be great and I believe it is from what I'm reading online, but the premise sounds like a pisstake

If there was a sequence showing him getting gradually better at drumming it could change my mind though, as long as he was playing along to this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back