where to buy a new record player? (1 Viewer)

jimbobjones

Website
www.loserdomzine.com
hi does anyone have any tips on where to buy a new record player?

I already have an old fashioned one but would like to get a more compact new one. A self contained record player with seperate speakers is what I want (rather than a deck, amp and seperate speakers).

had a look online the other night but nothing jumped out at me. so either online or walk in stores. any tips appreciated!
thanks

Adverts ....aww I just read you already have an old one.

Hmmm.Could be tricky

If you're getting something new you'll need turntable, speakers and an amp too.
Don't think you can really get integrated turntable/amps anymore.

Question then is how much do you want to spend.

The Project series are excellent turntables, seriously hi-end performers but at a modest price range (compared to the insane several grand ones)

Amazon product ASIN B005777XC4
That deck, with one of these
Amazon product ASIN B004746R1Q
and a pair of these
Amazon product ASIN B004EQR8HY
will sound pretty fantastic.

Otherwise head into somewhere like Cloney Audio, tell them your budget and what set up you want. They can help source quality second hand stuff too.

I can see the links no probs..and very good they are too

I bought some seprates a few months ago for the first time, I'd only used 100 odd euro 3 in 1 hifis before that. I got:

Rega RP1 - with the performance pack upgrade

Marantz 5004 amplifer

Marantz 6004 CD player

2 Q Acoustics 2020i speakers

I had 2 JWP speakers. So I now have 4 speakers connected to the amp. Sounds nice.

thanks Dudley I would prefer an integrated one but I'll look into seperates. I thought this Auna one looked alright on hifi tower website but it gets poor reviews on Amazon. http://www.hifi-tower.ie/Auna-DS-2-Stereo-Turntable-Record-Player-USB-MP3-Recording_i4334.htm
the mp3 conversion thing would be a nice feature too.

Johnny Stress thanks for the tip. I have been lucky in charity shops in the past for record players just thought I would buy something new this time around.
this is the old one I have, its perfect but its too clunky for my sitting room at the moment: http://3.ctim.saltsidecdn.net/dekho/large/f5508e56-926d-11e2-a1e0-12313b0619d6.jpg

I've no idea what sort of output record players give you (depending if a pre-amp is builtin or not) but this boing boing article is a top notch read for building a super cheap audio system. http://boingboing.net/2013/06/24/low-cost-hi-fi-the-amazing-wo.html

I bought the LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier on the back of it and I can say the audio is excellent. Who would have thought an amp designed for boy racer cars could give you great sound?

I've no idea what sort of output record players give you (depending if a pre-amp is builtin or not) but this boing boing article is a top notch read for building a super cheap audio system. http://boingboing.net/2013/06/24/low-cost-hi-fi-the-amazing-wo.html

I bought the LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier on the back of it and I can say the audio is excellent. Who would have thought an amp designed for boy racer cars could give you great sound?
That's nifty alright, but I'm guessing the audio input has no in-built per-amp and is therefore not much use for a turntable.

JimBob, don't be wasting your time with that all-in-one junk, and listen to the good folks above about saving a few extra sheckels and getting a Project Debut or Riga. Project would be my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back