Where can I buy 2nd hand musical equipment? (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone know where I can get my hands on some 2nd hand equipment...I'm looking for a mixer (preferably a Mackie 1202) and some (studio)monitors for PC recording.

Buy and Sell is a bit yite for this sort of stuff.

Anyone know of some reliable local websites that wheel & deal in this type of stuff...I checked the "For Sale" forum here, but no joy.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Someone told me once that none of the shops really deal in 2nd hand gear anymore cos Buy&Sell has taken over

There used to be a crowd called Bumblebee Music that used to sell stuff out of the back of a van in Gorey, Wexford and the Phoenix Park - the odd time they'd have great stuff dead cheap. Dunno if any of these numbers work anymore, or even if Bumblebee still exists, but you can try if you like: 088 2578614, 0404 67890, 087 2020274

P.S. If they do still exist let me know cos considering investing in a new bass

Would that have been a Gretch "Country Gentleman"?

Surely the best name for a guitar ever...

lorcanzo (04 Feb, 2002 03:27 p.m.):
onstage (behind the jervis centre) has a few crusty guitars in it, and every now and again its got a real find..
i got a gretch there a year or two for £120, and i thought it was bleedin magic.
and then i realised it was a turkey and brought it back...

I got stuff from the UK via Yahoo Auctions.
Amazingly cheap gear, arriving amazingly fast in amazingly good nick - maybe I was lucky.
Downer - amazingly expensive postage....

Anthony (04 Feb, 2002 03:19 p.m.):
Bumblebee (or as tbm christened them Bumblebitch) shows at the Fairyhouse Market every Sunday. Mostly has crap but is good for strings.

shit for guitars, great for odd pedals, cheap strings, and they have some strange old amps too. worth the trip out to meath if only to behold bumblebitch himself.

I went past that onstage place behind Jervis recently and it looks like its closed up....

If you happen to find yourself in Belfast go to Smithfield market... they usually have loads of second hand musical equipment, possibly quite hot though!

In a village called Blackrock near Dundalk there's an amazing shop that sells great secondhand (and new) gear, most of which is in very good nick. Best of all, the prices are fair. The guy started off selling ice cream, apparently, and branched out into guitars. I know cuz me girlfriend's parents are from up that direction. I bought a guitar there and had to spend the rest of the day drinking tea with aunties and being polite.

Aye, shop is called Beat It/Danny Wallace.
Danny is a nice old codger that tries to give my girlfriend a squeeze and his son Conor is the music geezer.
And there's a poster in the window from 1948 of Danny's old band with the drummer's name - Prince something - followed by 'Darkie Drummer' written in non-mathematical parentheses.

ah yeah that's right, I met your man Danny

he was the glasses guy, and I think I met the son as well

they're sound, they give you free stuff like leads and strings when you buy something

I once tried to use a stone instead of a plectrum, mainly because it was plectrum-coloured. It produced a fairly rough sound and didn't work too well.

Later I realised that in fact it is certain plectra that are stone-coloured, not the other way round.

Every so often I reflect on my actions. And so I head down to the beach, stroll along the strand and try to skim a plectrum or two off the waves.

This produces a sound not unlike that of Jimi Hendrix (skimming plectra down at the beach).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back