looking for old nlgbbbblth mixes (1 Viewer)

MARYJANE

I found a mysterious folder in my downloads a few months ago simply called "CD 12.18 mp3's".
I couldn't remember downloading it or where it came from, but I gave it a listen, caught some ear worms and got hooked.

It's a great mix of stuff I never heard and things that sound slightly familiar or similar to other songs at the time (Minor Detail - Canvas of life vs. Styx - Mr Roboto ??) but all with that weird bleak & cheerful 80s irish energy that gives me a strong case of the Boscos and somehow evokes the smell of detol in a shallow plastic frog-shaped paddling pool. Then suddenly Cathal Coughlan will spit the word "bedsit" out with such contempt that I can see the leaks and the landlords and the evening herald and all those smoggy moments I was protected from in my cloudy paddling pool and my tax free shoes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway, it's really nicely put together with little samples from TV and radio that really help with the atmosphere.
I did some expert google searching and figured out it was a mix by nlgbbbblth and that I must have download from here years ago and then forgot to listen to.
So, now I'd like to find more, because I know there is more, but when I search for them all I find are dead links to megaupload.

TL;DR
I'm wondering if anyone has more of these mixes they would like to share, or even if nlgbbbblth himself is around and would like to reupload them.

Thanks!

edit to add - link to the mix/thread nlgbbbblth CD 12.18: Don't Make It Work. Our Failed Pop 1980 - 1987 | thumped.com
(maybe I should've posted this on that thread? can't remember forum etiquette... :/ )

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back