When does the youngest stop being treated like the youngest! (1 Viewer)

being the youngest must be deadly. Don't complain about it. Us eldest children had to pave the way for younger kids to go out to pubs, drink etc etc. it is a privilaged position

being the youngest must be deadly. Don't complain about it. Us eldest children had to pave the way for younger kids to go out to pubs, drink etc etc. it is a privilaged position

Amen. The eldest are the guinea pigs that every crazy parenting idea is tried out on!
Only the stuff that works is passed on to the next in line while us eldest children bear the scars of the 'trial and error' method of parenting!:D

Aye, but once ye're in yer 20s this whole "paving the way" shit is over and done with. Us youngest get called the babby to the grave. TO THE GRAAAAAAAAAAAVE!

Being the youngest and only girl I was treated like a doll when i was a kid.
I was put in very fancy dresses with matching ribbons and was entered into numerous 'bonny baby' type competitions.

Image49.jpg

There's me after coming second place with my consolation prize of a box of Liga. My Ma said the winner was an eskimo kid and thought it was deeply unfair of her parents to enter her due to her novelty value, being an eskimo and all.:D

yeah im still refered to as "child" , I cant remember the last time that my da called me by my real name.

When I was three i refused to get out of my 9 year old brothers way when he was on his bike so he simply drove right true me. Was also told that if I ever cried a man with a big black bag would come and take me away. I believed that one.

I had two dresses, one pink knitted one another one with betty Boo on it. Rest of the time I was wearing t shirts with tractors on them as well as mankly looking pants. All belong to my brothers.

I was a little prick to my parents when i was a baby. I wouldn't sleep so they used to let me kip on the couch and then carry me up to bed once I was in a deep sleep. even tho I was only really small. I also would cry unless either my mam or dad would hold my hand through the bars of my cot. My dad said nine times out of ten he would come up to bed to find my mam conked out with her hand in the cot and me wide awake glaring at him!
They learned their lesson when my sister (muffin) came along and took none of that shit!

remember that the older ones have inherited everything

Thats true, the eldest in my family is being left the farm. On hearing this my middle brother looked at my eldest brother and said "see you in court in 30 years time so"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back