When does the youngest stop being treated like the youngest! (1 Viewer)

I always am expected to pour the tea.

and answer the door/phone? go to the shop? get the turf for the fire? let someone else sit down when there arent enough seats? sleep on the floor when there arent enough beds? sit on the handbrake when everyone is in the car together?

i find it annoying when the others recount embarrassing things i did as a kid and i cant do the same to them as i wasnt there to record these incidents.

I'd to do all that stuff as well, now they can answer their own fuckin phone cos i say i don't live there. turf, ive done that before, but it was mostly my brothers job.I mostly scrubbed carpets. If my brothers tried to beat me, I'd just take out the poker and they knew I meant business

fire pokers are your best friend when youre growing up. what shit you are treated like when you are young.

Did anyone ever try and tell you Mother Nature decided she was getting rid of one of the days of the week.

I was told there was going to be no more Wednesday

one of my brothers knocked me in to the pond in the town park when i was two - he denies this and to this day everyone still believes his version of events (including himself i now think). when i was three my other brother told me to reach out into the pond to get the tennis ball back for the dog so i did but it was too far out and i fell in but he told everyone i tried to jump across the corner and i fell and everyone believes him. its so unfair.

cpr once dared me to eat 3 yoghurts and a pint of milk in a minute when i was about 6..i did..she also used to give me cold tea in a glass and pretend it was coke..and i fell for it everytime..

The brother kicked a football at my face once while i was on the ground, and i broke my wrist trying to stop it. He tried to convince everyone there was a concorde went overhead and the sonic boom broke my wrist :rolleyes:

one of my mates and his older brother were fighting and the elder chased the younger up the stairs..the younger one ran into his bedroom and his older brother put his fingers around the door to stop it closing..so my mate kicked the door shut and broke his brothers fingers..and the only thing he said was 'thats what you get'..

Youngest gets shittest clothes, I wore my brothers hand me downs, brown cords, brown polo necks, jumpers with psychadelic snowflake patterns on them from Dunnes, if it was my birthday i got a dress, that was also brown, or maybe navy if she was feelin adventurous.
gettin brought to the barbours cos my two older brothers were goin, just cos it was handy for her took the biscuit tho, havin a skinner is no good when youre a young wan tryin to make friends.

One time Garret Fitzgerald came to town and the journalist rang me ma and asked what the name of her little fella was, Ive carried that around with me most my life, just in case ye ever wondered why i wear a lot of yokes with flowers on them now.

One time Garret Fitzgerald came to town and the journalist rang me ma and asked what the name of her little fella was, Ive carried that around with me most my life, just in case ye ever wondered why i wear a lot of yokes with flowers on them now.
I was mistaken for a girl regularly until my hair started to get noticeably grey (when I was about 30)

I'm the oldest. Would you have guessed? Have I ever stopped having to justify my life choices, and being expected to be a rock of sense at all times? Not yet

If anyone else is the youngest in their family will they please tell me if I will still be treated like the youngest when im say 26 or so.

yes. yes you will. my 27 year old sister is still referred to as 'the child'.
by everyone.

jeremy may tower over the rest of us, but he's still the youngest, so he's the one we yell "grab me a packet of tayto would you??" to.

always.

yes. yes you will. my 27 year old sister is still referred to as 'the child'.
by everyone.

Yep, my family seem pathologically unable to accept that I'm a grown man with a mortgage, bills of my own, etc and still seem to see me as a 12 year old for some reason...it's horrific.
Also my mother (god rest her) used to introduce me to all and sundry as 'our baby' - into my 30's!!!!!!

Yep, my family seem pathologically unable to accept that I'm a grown man with a mortgage, bills of my own, etc and still seem to see me as a 12 year old for some reason...it's horrific.
Also my mother (god rest her) used to introduce me to all and sundry as 'our baby' - into my 30's!!!!!!

mine still does that, and my older brother calls me Pet to annoy and insult me

i still get called twiki

heres me and my Dad

9641_0028.jpg

My mates whole family call him 'Baby' and he doesn't mind. I think its sick. He's 25. Sort it out mate.

Short answer, never. I'm the youngest of 4 by many years. When I was last home (in a town of less than 7000 people) my older sister demanded I get a ride home (all of three blocks less than 3/4 mile) because it was 11:30 at night. I might get kidnapped. I am 32 years old, FFS.

NY017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back