When does the youngest stop being treated like the youngest! (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

If anyone else is the youngest in their family will they please tell me if I will still be treated like the youngest when im say 26 or so.

By this I mean having older siblings "teach" you things, like how to sweep the floor or to put a dish in the press. While they think they are "helping" im finding it highly annoying and can always remember things being like that.

Also my Da thinks its still ok to shout at me for spilling something or other but if some one else does it its all grand.

Ive noticed that my friends treat their younger brothers and sisters the same.. eg. like shouting at them for asking a simple question...

does it ever end..

im the youngest too, of seven children, and now that ive been the youngest for 30 years i dont ever expect to be treated as a normal adult - i dont know if this is due to me not acting like one or just everyone elses fault. im definitely spoiled rotten even still however i find im generally considered to be incapable of looking after myself, of feeding and dressing myself properly, making a good decision without consulting anyone else, of doing anything without being given instructions first (i.e. how to wash the dishes or cut a slice of bread...). gawd. sake. im going to my room.

Despite my best efforts, I still revert to acting like this when in the presence of my three older siblings.

kevin_teenager_203.jpg

It's SO UNFAIR!

Aye, you never stop being the youngest when in family situations. I can be like oscar wilde in front of my friends, but as soon as a member of the family shows up, i'm a blabbering idiot, spilling beer on myself and getting thick over nothing. It never ends, but you have the advantage of always getting the best presents, and not getting in trouble for forgetting people's birthdays (because someone will always ring to remind ya!).

Oh and roisin, when you get to college, the (working) older sibling's cash donations are a god send.

Yeah, im bought credit and given money by them if im ever going anywhere big.

Only one of them gives me the "back in my day" lecture before giving me a fag.

I stopped being treated like the youngest when my younger sister was born. Up to that though, it was pure hell.

So Roisin, tell your folks you want a little brother/sister. Then in about 15 years time show them this thread. Problem solved.

Im the youngest of 4 and its great. My older brothers all paved the way for me to be a bollox. My older brothers would always get in shit for kdrinking, smoking staying oput late but by the time it came to me my parents didn't give a shit. You should at least appreciate that.

im the youngest and have always loved it..cpr is a great big sister and she pretty much paved the way for me to do stuff when i was youn g that she never would have been allowed do..

im not even the youngest and still treated like a child.
its probably my fault for still living at home but i don't ask to be called for work at 5:30am, still they get up, amble in and wake me 5 minutes before my alarm goes off every morning.
When i get in the shower, when i get out my bed is made and my top window is open.
Dinner is made and when not attended a phone call ensues to make sure I'm not wasting it (which i never do)
I'm reminded I'm up early in the morning from about 10pm onwards.

It's enough to make a grown man insane. I know, i will move out.

oh another one a friend can't stand, getting stuff from the press always brings out a "mind your head". Pathetic!

As the eldest I have an almost mystical hold over my younger sisters.
Im often called in by my parents to talk them down from whatever irrational unreasonable stance they have taken this month.

On the flip side i seem genetically designed not to remember the money/clothes i have lent them.

I'm the youngest as well, I still get treated like a kid. I guess I am spoiled like tho. the apple of my daddy's eye.

I have been thrown in lakes to see if i could swim from an early age, swung round by the legs and had my head hit off bookcases, i was also told to change my knickers when my friends were present, and I always am expected to pour the tea.

my older siblings told me that my teeth were going to fall out in a few hours, when i once put sugar in my ginger ale and they never explained what fanny pads were for when i asked for one for my tiny tears(we had no mother, she died when I was 8)

Still , I am glad, cos I'm tough now, and nobody need ever try and fuck with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back