Whelanslive & Quarter Inch Collective present Tim Hecker,The Unitarian Church, May 18 (2 Viewers)

whelanslive

Whelanslive & Quarter Inch Collective present

TIM HECKER
+Guests
The Unitarian Church, Stephen’s Green
Friday 18th May
Tickets €16.50 (including booking fee) available to buy online from www.wavtickets.ie or call the WAV Box Office [Lo-call 1890 200 078]. Tickets also available from www.tickets.ie

For fans of Fennesz, Ben Frost, Stars Of The Lid, My Bloody Valentine, Henryk Górecki, Phillip Glass

"So whatever grand plan Hecker may or may not have had in mind here, letʼs just say that much of Ravedeath, 1972 will put you in the position of a slack-jawed medieval peasant, floored by hearing the power and beauty of that organ for the first time.” - Drowned in Sound

"We can't think of another producer in the field who's had such an unstoppable winning streak over the past ten years." - Altered Zones

"As the world spirals into hell these are the lullabies to dull the pain." - Fact Magazine

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sometimes a show comes along that you already know will quickly fall into the realm of legendary status in the Dublin cultural canon and the extraordinary Tim Hecker playing the Unitarian Church is one such show. Hecker is a Canadian-based and ultra-prolific producer & composer who has been pushing the margins of electro-acoustic composition since 2001 on legendary labels such as Kranky, Fat Cat, Alien8 & Mille Plateaux. His work has variously described as "structured ambient", "tectonic color plates" and "cathedral electronic music" but what we can confidently assert is that they are some of the most powerful recordings of the 21st century, equal parts beautiful and terrifying and there could be no more appropriate a setting in Dublin to witness Hecker’s reverberant masterpieces than the Unitarian Church on Stephen’s Green.

Ravedeath 1972, Hecker’s 2011 opus which was engineered by Ben Frost featured at the business end of many 2011 end-of-year polls and won the the Polaris Prize for best Canadian electronic album.

Re: Whelanslive & Quarter Inch Collective present Tim Hecker,The Unitarian Church, Ma

Just bought tickets for this, does anyone know if the Box-office collection place is the place at Whelans and can you pick your tickets up at any time?

Re: Whelanslive & Quarter Inch Collective present Tim Hecker,The Unitarian Church, Ma

Same night as Death Grips and Shabazz Palaces! Fuckin hell, three gigs i want to go to on the one night.

So Tim Hecker, Sharon Van Etten and Death Grips are playing on the same night. Jesus tap-dancing Christ!

knew I should have checked. Already have a SvE ticket bought too. Fuck anyway.

can you promoter people not talk to each other?

Zvuku will be supporting Timothy Hecker at this particular event. Zvuku just released his full-length debut album 'Other Room Listening' a few days ago and it's a bit good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So Tim Hecker, Sharon Van Etten and Death Grips are playing on the same night. Jesus tap-dancing Christ!

And Stewart Lee who I bought a ticket for ages ago. Terrible timing

In fairness to the rest of the year, May 18th is now completely fucking ridiculous. I'm just glad I made arrangements to see Stewart Lee in Galway.

Anyone know if you can bring booze into this gig?

Howdy folks. Tickets will only be available on the night if the show doesn't sell-out in advance which it may well do at this stage but I'll let folk know on Friday if it looks like there might be some door tickets to be had. Unitarian Church is not really for drinking in neither.

Is the Unitarian Church ok for heading into a gig a little late? I'll be late into this and seeing as its going to be a quiet gig, I'm kind of worried I'll cause a ruckus.

I have the same fear for the Dustin O'Halloran gig on sunday.

Is the Unitarian Church ok for heading into a gig a little late? I'll be late into this and seeing as its going to be a quiet gig, I'm kind of worried I'll cause a ruckus.

I have the same fear for the Dustin O'Halloran gig on sunday.

You'll be grand,theres usually seats diving distance from the door.Might have missed out on Sundays gig if it wasnt for your post,saw the listing ages ago but totally forgot about it!Nice one!

This is going to start my weekend perfectly.

A few doobies in Stephen's Green beforehand and she'll be right.

Got a ticket for this gig going for tonight. If you can collect (D8) I'll give it to you for a tenner ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back