What's wrong with thumped.com? (2 Viewers)

[edit: hmmm, restarted FF without add-ons, embeds work fine. God damn, what's causing this? I suspect there's an add-on that even though it appears as disabled, it's still running somehow.]

Pete - were you saying something about embedded stuff being problematic if it's served over HTTPS? I'm not seeing any Twitter embeds in FF even when I've disabled everything related to ad blocking, etc. Not sure if this is a FF problem or if I've done something config-wise in FF.

That's a weird one alright. Yeah anything http will be blocked by your browser (or should be). That's why some ads don't appear and why all embedded images are cached on the server & served locally

Okay, got it sorted. It's FFs 'Tracking Protection' feature, it doesn't like the way twitter embeds are served up here (via an iFrame hosted on Github which then queries twitter). Elsewhere on the web, Twitter embeds do generally work when they're served directly from twitter's servers via the widget.js

If anyone else has the same problem, disable Tracking Protection for this site:

Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 7.02.00 p.m..png

2015-12-08_0930.png The log in has disappeared from the main forum, on ipad and PC. I have to go to Eirecore to find it

Thumped isn't resizing on my mobile phone. I need to turn the phone sideways and view horizontally. Barely usable. Very hard to navigate etc. Sony phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back