What's wrong with thumped.com? (7 Viewers)

Last night I dreamt that a bunch of thumpeders wanted to change the name of the site, so Pete allowed a vote and whoever voted for the name change was dumped into a parallel site he set up and were not allowed rejoin thumped.

Last night I dreamt that a bunch of thumpeders wanted to change the name of the site, so Pete allowed a vote and whoever voted for the name change was dumped into a parallel site he set up and were not allowed rejoin thumped.
Sounds reasonable. I have been thinking about succession planning recently.

A Samsung 2017 phone I used for two months until October is still getting notifications from thumped. I gave it to a friend uses it now.

Any ideas what to do?
We both want notifications gone but have no idea what to do with the phone...

Seems like thumped is in some kind of limbo between being sign in and out on old phone.

There is no other trace of me left on phone (He changed number and apps like Instagram and Whatapp were deleted before I gave it to him).

Found it hard to get thumped history off the old phone. Signing out and deleting history wasn't enough.

Anyway any help welcome - thanks.

A Samsung 2017 phone I used for two months until October is still getting notifications from thumped. I gave it to a friend uses it now.

Any ideas what to do?
We both want notifications gone but have no idea what to do with the phone...

Seems like thumped is in some kind of limbo between being sign in and out on old phone.

There is no other trace of me left on phone (He changed number and apps like Instagram and Whatapp were deleted before I gave it to him).

Found it hard to get thumped history off the old phone. Signing out and deleting history wasn't enough.

Anyway any help welcome - thanks.
Did you install the web app? Could be lurking around there somewhere.

Did you factory reset the phone before the handover?
Nope.
Did you install the web app? Could be lurking around there somewhere.
There was no thumped app AFAIK but it was very difficult to get rid of all traces of thumped off the 2017 Samsung phone. Everything else was removed easily.
How would I remove the app or block notifications?
With WhatsApp and Instagram I just deleted the apps - job done.

EDIT: my pal goes through multiple phones every year so it may not last long.

Nope.

There was no thumped app AFAIK but it was very difficult to get rid of all traces of thumped off the 2017 Samsung phone. Everything else was removed easily.
How would I remove the app or block notifications?
With WhatsApp and Instagram I just deleted the apps - job done.

EDIT: my pal goes through multiple phones every year so it may not last long.
I don't use Android so i'm kinda half guessing here, but if the PWA app is installed it'll show up just like any other and can be deleted the same way

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Could also be that you never signed out from Chrome or whatever browser you used - deleting cookies should fix that?

OK thanks. I only realised there was an issue on Thursday and spent a few minutes trying to see if I could fix it.
The fact it happened in the first place means it wasn't obvious what I did wrong.
Anyway thanks for your help.

Is there any chance the snowflake animation thing is crashing/freezing FF on my phone? I'm sure it happened in xmas' past.
No issues on the laptop.

Why has the alert thing started telling me there's alerts all of a sudden? I mean the lightning symbol thing. It never used to do anything.

Then I click on it and it just takes me to New Posts.

Why has the alert thing started telling me there's alerts all of a sudden? I mean the lightning symbol thing. It never used to do anything.

Then I click on it and it just takes me to New Posts.
Always worked for me?

It used to just say when I had a DM, now it seems to count every thread I'm watching. But the other thing, the bell image does that anyway. But the lightning counter won't go away.

It's messing with my fomo completist mind.

I can only apologise for my crap descriptions.

latest batch of upgrades + improvements were applied this week. It's mostly bugfixes and stuff this time, but also:

- Emails sent from here now have a 'one click' unsubscribe option NOT THAT ANYONE WOULD DO SUCH A THING
- Added a "send me a login link" button for those of you too stupid/lazy to type in a password

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back