what's with folk releasing stuff on cassette? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter mark
  • Start date
  • Replies 122
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 8
I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty of people still using minidiscs. Interviews, field recordings that you want to keep a physical archive of, they'd be the best method maybe.

I can't find it now, but I remeber seeing an ad for someone recently who released their album on betamax. Only betamax!

3" CD singles was one format I thought was absolute bollocks even at the time.
I remember also going into a shop in Boston (maybe Tower on Newbury St?) in 1994 and walking into what I thought was the biggest collection of new release flim soundtracks on LP, until I eventually realised these were laserdiscs.
Apparently there's still a scene for those badboys in Japan.

Laserdiscs never did much here but I recall they had them in Virgin Megastore up to around 1994/5 and American magazines I used to buy had laserdisc reviews.

Anything that you can't store normally alongside the rest of your cds, records, tapes or whatever is bollox. I hate arty packaging design and having odd sized cd boxes littering the place - there is more than enough scope for being arty with the cover sleeve. One of my bands once had a cdr released by this chap and he packaged it in an A4 size plastic wallet with an A4 sized insert. I threw mine straight in the bin.

The flaming lips are bringing out a usb stick which will be embedded in a skull made of edible jelly. Its a sorry state they've come to when they put out their last yoke on vinyl thinking that it was in keeping with their string of novelty formats.

bah

BAH

Flexi Disc!

Pretty useless, but fan-clubby

real-005c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back