what's with folk releasing stuff on cassette? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter mark
  • Start date
  • Replies 122
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 8
5517252519_52c5622582_b.jpg

I used to have a Thurston Moore cd of experimental stuff that came in an actual hoover bag. The only thing more wankish than the packaging was the 'music'.

Funnily enough, I think it actually ended up in the bin on accident.

Hey Marc Riley!

This was not the boy Lard`s first Peel Session, in 1978 he did a session for John as the Bass player in Mark`e` (grumpy git) Smith`s band The Fall. However he was soon kicked out of The Fall for allegedly disco dancing on a tour of Australia and so was forced to form The Creepers. Lard also joined the comic called Oink! and set up In-Tape records which soon went bust.

I bought a new cassette player recently. In the last 10 or 15 years I think I only ever listened to tapes on crap stereos and I wasn't expecting an awful lot from this new player but the sound is great on this yoke. No hiss or nuthin. I threw out most of my tapes though.

Cassettes get a bad rap. Yes, they are almost pointless these days but they were a great format. Portable and sounded excellent. I still remember going into that stereo shop hear ha'penny bridge with my older brothers to but a boom box thing. The guy was showing off its sound with some Phil Collins. I took my Scorpions 'Blackout' tape out and we horsed it up. Sounded brilliant. That 2in1 served a long life in the family home. I believe it is still there, though I think the tape part is fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back