what's the best tune you heard a busker doing? (1 Viewer)

did anyone see the robert wyatt lookalike on grafton st last year? a little old guy in a wheelchair with a big commie beard playing a casio keyboard with the beats on and singing and playing harmonica into a mic? it was all going through a little amp coz he was really quiet. he was cool.

so who here has busked? i have - in limerick (useless) and in france (ok).

I once saw a guy on grafton street playin solsbury hill at two in the mornin. i was hammered and got really into it. in hangoversight i'm sure it was nothing special.

I sho' nuff done a lot of busking. I miss it bad.
There was a fella who used to play mad shizz on a dulcimer on g street years ago. He was great.

My favourite tho is some string quartet doing Pachelbel's canon followed by some light opera for laughs.

dunno if it's still there but there was an 'in progress' documentary about the man and the machine in the RHA...was interestin enough. seem like sweet genuine people but the belgian/english guy was slightly delusional

best buskin: weird old guy with one hand in a wheelchair singing 'knockin on heavens door' on a casio through a couple of distortion pedals and a little practise amp. bought his cd and it was pretty grim stuff.

what's the story with that poor dejected looking man in a dirty leprechaun suit sitting outside hmv on grafton street? with a bodhran, playing along to diddle-i musak? he looks like he's about to burst into tears. defo a most depressing "busker".

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Best songs I've ever seen buskers do are probably Metallica or Neil young songs,shit versions though.

remember that american guy with the bc rich warlock who did metal tunes on grafton street in the wee hours. wonder where he is now? he did a mean 'disposable heroes'

"thaanks maan"

that's the best I've ever heard!!! gobbin' on mcsavage!!! Classic!!! I would have paid to see that! But I would have made a special trip to the ATM if someone was kicking the crap out of him, they'd deserve more than small change. .|..|

pogmoboda said:
that's the best I've ever heard!!! gobbin' on mcsavage!!! Classic!!! I would have paid to see that! But I would have made a special trip to the ATM if someone was kicking the crap out of him, they'd deserve more than small change. .|..|
classic.

pogmoboda said:

Did you just do a search for McSavage and post insults directed at him in every thread you found?

La La said:
fields of athenry.

over and over and over again.

I was once nursing a hangover in that cafe above the newsagents on grafton st with that little fecker below, slicing what was left of my brain into paper thin sheets with his 'himiny-heoooooo's' and his 'didily-hieeeeeeee's'. Went downstairs an gave him a fiver to go down the bottom of the street. He disappeared for ten minutes and then came straight back. I hated him then.

THere used to be two guys that played classical and swing guitar outside b.t's. A french guy and an irish guy named stephen. Brilliant so they were. Hired them to play sundays in the bar i worked in. Cured everybody.

The bust baskers i ever seen were in manhatten subways. Bucket-Percussion like you'd never seen, and 12 year old vocalists that could mop the dirty subway floor with any diva you'd know. The ghetto gymnastics were unreal too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back