What's the best thing you've ever found in a record sleeve? (1 Viewer)

Hillarious and contradictory nazi slogans writen on the sleeve of old punk records. The usual wrong-way-round swastikas beside anarchy signs and my personal favourite "Southhill* uber alles!"

*Limerick's most infamous estate

I bought a Coil record online that turned out to have a letter written by John Balance to somebody called Mark, a few stickers and extra inserts, and was signed by Coil too. If the eejit selling it had mentioned that fact they probably could have quadrupled or quintupled the price. Their eejitness was my gain.

frona said:
Hillarious and contradictory nazi slogans writen on the sleeve of old punk records. The usual wrong-way-round swastikas beside anarchy signs and my personal favourite "Southhill* uber alles!"

*Limerick's most infamous estate
,. i've got an electro hippies - the only good punk lp with loads of graffitti and some blood on the inner sleeve and sham 69's first lp with writing about southhill punks. both bought in limerick. i got a swedish punk record once second hand that had a second 7" inside the sleeve.

a copy born to run by bruce springsteen... not too unexpected tho, cos the cover was abit of a give away.

Bought the 12" of 'Don't Go' by Yazoo and the actual album 'Upstairs at Erics' was in the sleeve instead of the 12".

That crushed penny in the first Godspeed Lp was a nice touch although it was intentional and not "found"

A wad of old wedding present ticket stubs in a second hand wedding present single...

Years ago I bought the Six Pack single by Black Flag in a secong hand shop for a quid... when I got home, the TV Party single was in the same plastic sleeve... Bonus!

Whelan Bicycle Kick said:
I found a little Barry Murphy in a second hand copy of the Fall's Code Selfish.

Here I've been looking for that - probably have it on ebay (.CO.UK!!!) already don't you, you bloody turncoat soup-taking chizzwozza

portrid said:
Here I've been looking for that - probably have it on ebay (.CO.UK!!!) already don't you, you bloody turncoat soup-taking chizzwozza

Nah. I just added it to my shrine.

tim said:
That crushed penny in the first Godspeed Lp was a nice touch although it was intentional and not "found"

i liked that too! also found lots of The Locust gig flyers and other stuff in a lot of Locust vinyl I got off ebay. was very cool..

the CD in the Shellac vinyl box set was funny...for about five seconds. the record itself was of course anything but funny.

japeo said:
was that in the "emporors new clothes" album?

??? eh, sure.

Glen, it played alright. What I meant in a snide way was that I didn't like the album much so the gimmickry of a free CD didn't do it for me.
but sure each to their own i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back