Whats the best April fools you've done or heard about? (1 Viewer)

A mate of mine knows a guy....

anyway, this bloke came out to his parents. Told them he was gay. And he wasn't.

Flann O'Brien died on April Fool's Day.

I did a piece for a National Broadsheet that was a load of bunk about how the Irish are actually descended from the Inuit. Checked out all the science, made up some dodgy but believable folklore -- the whole thing stood up, apart from the fact that the evidence I pinned it on was totally makey-uppy. Then the Queen Mother went and died and stole my column inches (unless they just didn't think it was good enough to run).

A couple of years ago I pulled a fast one on my then-fella. I had a friend call him and pretend she was from the health authority, and that they'd received a call that there were two little boys named [then-boyfriend] and [boyfriend's flatmate] living in an apartment in some serious squalor and generally in unacceptable conditions for children. Of course, he said, "That must be a mistake. I have no children. We have people by that name, but we're adults."

And then it was all, "Well, I'm sure you realise how many times we've heard that one, so I'm sure you won't mind if we send a social worker 'round tomorrow morning just to check," and, "Sir, I don't care if you can prove it. Unfortunately, now that the paperwork has been started, we have no choice but to pursue it. We need to make an official visit otherwise the case can't be closed," etc. He bought it for a while, but we'd made a few teeny mistakes (he was a hard man to fool, which is what made the pranking so much fun). I had, however, called some of his mates, including his flatmate and asked them if they would take it really seriously if he called them, worried.

April Fool's Day is kind of like my Valentine's Day. I've gotta come up with a good one to play on Mr Jane. Only two days left to plan!

When I was around 10 we got a Commodore 64 and I made a fake login screen pretended to my brothers that I was hacking into a bank - it went on for days and every on our lane was mad excited, when I revealed the punchline on April Fool's day they cried and cried

Códe Nínja once soaked fibre glass in his own diarrohea and then rubbed it in my face for ten minutes, the glass cut my skin and then the diarreoha got into the cuts which gave me a skin infection called impetigo.

You kinda had to be there, absolutely hilarious.

Flann O'Brien died on April Fool's Day.

I did a piece for a National Broadsheet that was a load of bunk about how the Irish are actually descended from the Inuit. Checked out all the science, made up some dodgy but believable folklore -- the whole thing stood up, apart from the fact that the evidence I pinned it on was totally makey-uppy. Then the Queen Mother went and died and stole my column inches (unless they just didn't think it was good enough to run).

A couple of years ago I pulled a fast one on my then-fella. I had a friend call him and pretend she was from the health authority, and that they'd received a call that there were two little boys named [then-boyfriend] and [boyfriend's flatmate] living in an apartment in some serious squalor and generally in unacceptable conditions for children. Of course, he said, "That must be a mistake. I have no children. We have people by that name, but we're adults."

And then it was all, "Well, I'm sure you realise how many times we've heard that one, so I'm sure you won't mind if we send a social worker 'round tomorrow morning just to check," and, "Sir, I don't care if you can prove it. Unfortunately, now that the paperwork has been started, we have no choice but to pursue it. We need to make an official visit otherwise the case can't be closed," etc. He bought it for a while, but we'd made a few teeny mistakes (he was a hard man to fool, which is what made the pranking so much fun). I had, however, called some of his mates, including his flatmate and asked them if they would take it really seriously if he called them, worried.

April Fool's Day is kind of like my Valentine's Day. I've gotta come up with a good one to play on Mr Jane. Only two days left to plan!

this is a good one

in 1957 Panorama reported on a bumper harvest for swiss pasta farmers, complete with footage of swiss peasants taking down spaghetti from trees. millions were duped!

in 1976 Gamesmaster's Patrick Moore announced on BBC Radio 2 that a planetary alignment would counteract the earth's gravitational field, and that listeners would experience a moment of decreased gravity at 9.47am. hundreds called in to say they had!

i told Hermie that loads of bands were confirmed for EP lApril Fools day last year that actually werent. he left an excited voicemail on my phone telling me that this made his day and that i better not be bullshitting him. AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! and my bro believed me too and told his mate and his mate bought a ticket. ahahahahaha.
great fun altogether.

[Astronomy Ireland Press Release - Embargoed until Sunday 1 April 2007]

US Security Fears Sparks Eclipse Cancellation

The US Government has proposed cancelling the partial solar eclipse due to take place over South America and Antarctica around mid-day on 11 September 2007. The reason given for the proposed cancellation are that it is feared that terrorists may use the reduced light levels to carry out attacks on American embassies in the area to celebrate the sixth anniversary of 9-11.

Solar eclipses are amongst nature’s greatest marvels – they occur when the Moon passes in front of the Sun as seen from Earth. Although the Moon is 400 times smaller than the Sun, it is also 400 times closer to us, so on rare occasions (a total solar eclipse) it fits neatly over the Sun’s disc. During the 11 September event however, only 74 percent of the Sun’s light will be blocked. However, in a statement on Friday 23 March, Lionell G. Puguryim of the US Bureau of Diplomatic Security said -

“The percentage that the Sun gets blocked is not important. We take no chances with the safety of US embassy staff overseas, and we’ll move heaven and earth to ensure their security.”

Astronomy Ireland has been asked to come up with ideas that the american government can prepare feasibility studies for.

For example, if all 300 million Americans were to leap in to the air at the same instant this could move the Earth slightly out of its orbit, enough to eliminate the eclipse.

Other ideas should be sent to AI immediately, DEADLINE IS APRIL 1ST

email: [email protected]

:) :)

"Hey Dublin, i don't wanna blow hot smoke up your ass but this was the best fuckin show of the tour!!!"

- Dave Mustaine 1991.
fuck me, i remember that. iwas outside. couldn't get in. hadn't got a ticket. chased the buss tho. mustaine waved at me. i shouted " you have unresolved issues regarding your ejection from metallica, share them with me buddy"

he declined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back