Whatcha listening to? (1 Viewer)

buddy holly was dirty. currently reading his biography, along with pamela des barres ' take another little piece of my heart', which is rather boring and depressing.

cat power is horrendous

awful woman

Originally posted by lmd64
recommend me a Jacques Brel album, then, go on.

Jackie's a great song as well. But me favourite has to be If you go away. I reckon that ould Jacques was a great ould pissant altogether, from the sounds of it.

"If you go away" - that would be "ne me quitte pas"

I don't know any Brel albums, or rather I do but I don't know what they're called

Originally posted by Jimcorr
Am listening to "You Aint Going Nowwhere" right now. Its my fave Byrds song.

........Strap Yourself to a tree with roots, you ain't going nowhere....

Whats Dylans version like?

*shrug*

but on Sweetheart theres a killer version of "Nothing Was Delivered" that with a big drum, pedal steel play off in the middle and some serious rock moves.

I've never heard the Dylan version, nor do I ever want to

Also Sanky, why listen to Jacques? Just get some Serge, all the filthy french pop you could ever need.

that's the only song by him that i have originally.

over four minutes long, compressed to shit, 994kb in size, but the quality is still pretty good.

makes me wish i still knew my leaving cert french*.

and serge's only feelthy durrty song is "je t'aime (moi non plus)" with Jane Birkin. The rest of his stuff is much more tame (by tame i mean there's no sweaty moaning girl in the background of his other songs)

* Mind you, I don't think the words he was using in his lyrics were covered by the Leaving Cert Syllabus. Now THAT would have been quite an education.

The rest of his stuff is much more tame (by tame i mean there's no sweaty moaning girl in the background of his other songs)

hmm. "lemon incest" may lack the orgasmic moaning, but i'm not sure if i'd call it tame. creepy, more like.

ah, good old serge.

Originally posted by lmd64
and serge's only feelthy durrty song is "je t'aime (moi non plus)" with Jane Birkin. The rest of his stuff is much more tame (by tame i mean there's no sweaty moaning girl in the background of his other songs)

i always thought singing a song called 'lemon incest' with your daughter was pretty filthy.

Originally posted by minka
The rest of his stuff is much more tame (by tame i mean there's no sweaty moaning girl in the background of his other songs)

hmm. "lemon incest" may lack the orgasmic moaning, but i'm not sure if i'd call it tame. creepy, more like.

ah, good old serge.

damn you woman.

he also had a song "Love on the Beat", in the 80s, when he was doing stuff very much in the style of Leonard Cohen's banana album

"beat" in French is argot for penis

so it's love on the dick

these subtle references, that's what the french are masters of

I find her generally poopy, but this newie is way better than the covers album (ugh forgetable). I've also been told she aint very good live. She was stoned and drunk onstage in Boston and could barely finish any song.

Originally posted by snakybus
he also had a song "Love on the Beat", in the 80s, when he was doing stuff very much in the style of Leonard Cohen's banana album

That song also starts with a women screaming, like a really horrible chilling scream. Its really awful.

I gave all my Serge to this bloke who runs a cafe so he could copy them, and the fuckers disapeared now.

:(

Dudley I can't help feeling you're sitting on the fence with this whole Cat Power issue.. i demand you nail your colours to the mast good sir.. the people have a right to know!

Originally posted by Pantone247
and did YOU know

he only decided to give his seat to the big bopper cause the bopper had a cold?

Waylon is pretty great

I did, thought it was one of the road crew buh. They drew lots to begin with to see who'd get to fly and who'd get to bus it - I read it in a buke a while ago like. Waylon was way too big for the bus seats and the bus was freezing cos it was in the middle of winter, so they chartered a plane instead. Beeg meeestake. Also, Pamela des Barres shagged Waylon not once, but twice.

Give me your answer, do.

Did Waylon ever get it on with Catherine Bach, also known as "cousin" Daisy from "The Dukes of Hazzard"?

I hope not. I hope nobody did.

Originally posted by kirstie
I did, thought it was one of the road crew buh. They drew lots to begin with to see who'd get to fly and who'd get to bus it - I read it in a buke a while ago like. Waylon was way too big for the bus seats and the bus was freezing cos it was in the middle of winter, so they chartered a plane instead. Beeg meeestake. Also, Pamela des Barres shagged Waylon not once, but twice.

- cfour: "cementex" (compilation of irish dnb and gabber)
- hellfish and producer "constant mutation" (the best hophop/gabba/breaks mix.
- xeide demo cd (very lovely floaty ambient)
- me almost finished album
- cajmere "tech funk" (spanner funky techno)
- alt. frequencies compilation on worm interface (ol'skool artifical intelligence era idm. very nice in spots)

Originally posted by herv
- cfour: "cementex" (compilation of irish dnb and gabber)
- hellfish and producer "constant mutation" (the best hophop/gabba/breaks mix.
- xeide demo cd (very lovely floaty ambient)
- me almost finished album
- cajmere "tech funk" (spanner funky techno)
- alt. frequencies compilation on worm interface (ol'skool artifical intelligence era idm. very nice in spots)

If you understand what this says, you'll pass your final ECDL exam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back