Whatcha listening to? (4 Viewers)

Originally posted by dudley
yis'll all be going crazy for the new corpo album!! it's our difficult 2nd one

Dud, the difference between you and Chickenham going on about yesser records is that people like the Jimmy Cake. The only people who'll be going crazy for our record is you me and Pat. And maybe Andy.
Cat Power: fucking jaysus awful. it's official.
Scott 3: you. settlerface. stop namby pambying about how you don't like Scott 2. you just bought the wrong album. buy Scott 3 cos it's fucking great.
Drive Like Jehu: sparse is deadly.
Hey Andy, are you the only person that buys Christian Marclay records made of sandpaper, then plays them and enjoys them?

Me listen: Opiate - Sometimes, Jape - Cosmosphere, Boris - Ibitsu.
You: fuck off.
It's: 5.27am. Pricks.

Listened to Stereolab's Refried Ectoplasm (Switched On Volume 2) very loudly on the walkman on the way into work.

I know it's not that alternative, but hey... at least I didn't open a copy of the Wire and write down all the bands reviewed there.

Oh... listened to Cat on Form's Mp3. Deadly buzz. Waaaaaa!

..took a taxi to work and drowned out the annoying chatter of taxi driver with the soothing "blocks" by the last sound. Best electronic album last year bar none. I still feel happy dispite the fact that I'm now stuck in front of a p.c. Bah!

today's randomly grabbed bunch o cds:

manitoba - up in flames (which is, indeed, deadly)
the smiths - the world won't listen (see minka relive her teenage years)
john cale - paris 1919 (yay)
boards of canada - in a beautiful place out in the country (ditto)
april march - chrominance decoder (which, in fairness, only has one song that i really like, but what a song)

:( i like the corpo
cat power: i've seen the show, it just don't move me y'know

scott walker: the brel covers are the least of what he did - god love you in yr ignorance, he's a giant. scott3 is the most successful album overall but there are things going on in everything he did since still make my head spin after all these yurs.

hoy zyklon b zombie: what brainticket have you got? i have 'cottonwoodhill' and 'voyage' and i be looking for more.

for those who haven't heard it, 'cottonwoodhill' is the single most brain melting article of evil trip music i've ever heard. landmark stuff. nurse with wound recreated it as 'brained by falling masonry', jim foetus does the vocal - badly.

Originally posted by old
Hey Andy, are you the only person that buys Christian Marclay records made of sandpaper, then plays them and enjoys them?

who is christian marclay joss? i've never heard of him. do you think i'd like him? zzzzzzz.

re: brainticket
I have Cottonwood Hill, Psychonaut, and some bits of Adventure and Voyage.
Voyage is shit. Adventure is boring. Psychonaut (their second album) is quite good. Similar to the first two songs from Cottonwood Hill (Black Sand and Places of Light).
Cottonwood Hill is the ultimate. An amazing fucking album. I love Black Sand.

The Nurse With Wound version is a little to repeatative, and I would have prefered female vocals... Jim Foetus may be something of a proto-Trent Reznor but he doesn't really get any more useful than that.

Anyhow, I did'nt just open a copy of the Wire... I pretty much have everything put out by musicians I listed (and many of them are personal friends of mine)... I don't really give a shit if it is "alternative" or not, but:

i am very glad to see someone here has heard of groups like Nurse and Brainticket. If you are interested in musical areas like this, I'm yer man.

Finally I've managed to assemble my records and a record player in the same room at the same time so I've mostly been listening to Urusei Yatsura...who rocked. Actually, anyone know what became of them?

Originally posted by Juno
Finally I've managed to assemble my records and a record player in the same room at the same time so I've mostly been listening to Urusei Yatsura...who rocked. Actually, anyone know what became of them?

I freaking loved UY

They broke up, and three of them (the drummer bassist and geetarist what wasn' ginger) have formed a new group, who's name I can't remember. I had a poke at their website ages ago, its easy enough to find on google... I imagine they sound exactly like UY used too.

On the discman today I is revisitng Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen.
Amazing songs, but the production has dated so so so badly

Hmmm, I recognised the name, but not from the band, from the manga artist Ursei Yatsura, creator of Lum. But I reckon Rumiko Takashi's stuff is WAY better, Ranma 1/2 is classic, and Stan Sakai is great as well, he did Usagi Yojimbo.

Currently i'm listening to Pilote - doitnowman and the soundtrack to Vampyros Lesbos - Sexadelic Dance Party.

Vampyros Lesbos - Sexadelic Dance Party

mmm, sleazetastic.

i kind of wish i owned that, if only for the cover.

Originally posted by lmd64
Hmmm, I recognised the name, but not from the band, from the manga artist Ursei Yatsura, creator of Lum. But I reckon Rumiko Takashi's stuff is WAY better, Ranma 1/2 is classic, and Stan Sakai is great as well, he did Usagi Yojimbo.

...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back