Whatcha listening to? (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by Juno
Finally I've managed to assemble my records and a record player in the same room at the same time so I've mostly been listening to Urusei Yatsura...who rocked. Actually, anyone know what became of them?

good question.
they rocked all right. last record I bought by them was the Louche 33 single. I think they had one more LP after that and then split.

I left work early and am now at home listening to the donna's new lp very loundly, for it is one dimensional rock-tastic

Originally posted by minka
Vampyros Lesbos - Sexadelic Dance Party

mmm, sleazetastic.

i kind of wish i owned that, if only for the cover.

thems isn't tough to get hold of

Currently listening to Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden, the first record by Neu!, some of the new Radiohead songs, and a compilation of Martin Hannett productions entitled 'And Here is the Young Man'.

Originally posted by egg_
You fishing for compliments, old?

I wasn't, but thanks Cormac. I was just slagging Dudley's inability to avoid self-promotion. No offence intended, Dee.

Andy: course you know. you mentioned Marclay in another thread. just trying to look all cool now :)

Chelsea Girl: a record that is great at first listen, then loses it's appeal every subsequent time, i find. some lesser songs. the stylised delivery sometimes gets to me too. downhill after the first song, innit? good ol' jackson browne.

I'd agree that Scott's Brel covers are the least of his wonders, too.

no offence suspected mr joss
'chelsea girl' - an ok period piece i reckon
'the marble index' however is the closest thing i have to a desert island disc; i've been listening to it for 18 years (eek!) and am still gobsmacked by it. light years ahead of anything else VU related. cale set an impossible benchmark with that one.

some one mentioned 'spirit of eden by talk talk
their next album: 'laughing stock' is in that sphere for me as well.
what is it about heroin?

telefon tel aviv-farhenheit fair enough
squarepusher-music is rotted one note
tom waits-small change
rollers/sparkers EP
autechre-draft 7.30,any opinions on this one,i think they got kinda caught somewhere in the middle ground of confield and lp5,still good though.

Originally posted by old
Andy: course you know. you mentioned Marclay in another thread. just trying to look all cool now :)

honestly joss, i don't know christian marclay - i'm pretty sure i said Otomo Yoshide

andy

mp3 random play: stooges no fun, steinski motorcade sped on, julee cruise falling, johnny cash i walk the line, crass roxy, bmx bandits serious drugs, you're not reading this anymore are you?

Re: .

Originally posted by Pat McGatt
mp3 random play: stooges no fun, steinski motorcade sped on, julee cruise falling, johnny cash i walk the line, crass roxy, bmx bandits serious drugs, you're not reading this anymore are you?
I am...is there any Spanish footy this weekend?

Re: nada del otro mundo

Originally posted by Pat McGatt
malaga - depor tonight and sevilla - bar$a tomorrow.

heading out tonight?
Keep dein bloody Spanish to dein self, mate.

Doubt it, I'm in an absolute heap after last night's ballroom...you're welcome to pop over to watch the footy if it's on the box, although you'll probably be watching it in town with your "footy mates"...

Pointing and nodding my head to:

Andrew WK mp3s
Mr. Bungle - California
Choking Victim
Midi Super Mario, Doom and Metroid soundtracks
The FUCKING Champs
Scientific Bong yo

.|..| !cheezy .|..| !cheezy .|..|

Originally posted by eoin
Pointing and nodding my head to:
Midi Super Mario, Doom and Metroid soundtracks
The FUCKING Champs
Scientific Bong yo

sup? i got this album of metaled out covers of NES music - i'll copy it for you, it's rad. sounds like the champs

and yeah i'm rockin scientific bong too. i listen to em while i read the daily chronicle, knowmsayin?

peace

andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back