whatcha listenin to? (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Rimbaud
Me -
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way.
The best way to start a monday - and also a great soundtrack while thinking back on the depraved, seediness of my weekend...
Seedy...yay!

Isn't it amazing? I'd love if there was more Jazz like this. So dark, murky and mysterious. It's like the music that accompanies a serial killer walking around a city with body parts in black bags, trying to find back alleys to dump them in. Evil, hypnotic, almost to the point of going into a trance.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Isn't it amazing? I'd love if there was more Jazz like this. So dark, murky and mysterious. It's like the music that accompanies a serial killer walking around a city with body parts in black bags, trying to find back alleys to dump them in. Evil, hypnotic, almost to the point of going into a trance.

How did you know what i was up to the weekend?!?

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, is just as menacing.
I`d recommend Nils Petter Molvaer too.
His Norweigian - using beats and all, with cool Sax.
Really great stuff...www.nils-petter-molvaer.com
The modern face of jazz they say...

Shite - its Trumpet he plays actually i think, not Saxaphone.
All the same...
Solid Ether on ECM records - is where its at....

hey - you can copy me up that shit, rimbaud.

see ya!

andrew

How did you know what i was up to the weekend?!?

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew, is just as menacing.
I`d recommend Nils Petter Molvaer too.
His Norweigian - using beats and all, with cool Sax.
Really great stuff...www.nils-petter-molvaer.com
The modern face of jazz they say...

Cool. Appreciate the tip off. I'll buy bitches brew so. And this attractive Norwegian ye speak of.

A little off the subject here but, I was in Waltons, Georges st. last week. Playing one of those expensive Roland Encased wooden Keyboard/Synth instruments and came across the best sounding Electric piano, Rhodes, and Saxophone sound. You know the way when you sit down at a beautiful instrument and play it, you can come out with some really nice stuff on yer first go. Coz its a joy to hear. Well anyway I liked the sax sound so much I recorded the ditty I wrote so I could listen to it later. There was a salesman walkin around the oddtime while I was playing with the mic perched on top of the instrument. So when I finish to go back to work the bollox comes up to me and says he owns the rights to the music I just played into the mic. I sez "No you don't!" Then he says Its common courtesy to ask at the desk before you record in the shop. So I apologise, saying I didn't know it was a big issue. Coz, who the fuck am I? Then he asks for the disc. I sez "go call the cops if ye think you've a leg to stand on, but I think they'll laugh at you." He tells me not to do it again, so I said I was gonna buy the instrument, but now I won't coz he's a prick. I'll buy it elsewhere. Are they all saps at Waltons?

Originally posted by Speed Racer
A little off the subject here but, I was in Waltons, Georges st. last week. Playing one of those expensive Roland Encased wooden Keyboard/Synth instruments and came across the best sounding Electric piano, Rhodes, and Saxophone sound. You know the way when you pick up a beautiful instrument and play it, you can come out with some really nice stuff on yer first go. Coz its a joy to hear. Well anyway I liked the sax sound so much I recorded the ditty I wrote so I could listen to it later. There was a salesman walkin around the oddtime while I was playing with the mic perched on top of the instrument. So when I finish to go back to work the bollox comes up to me and says he owns the rights to the music I just played into the mic. I sez "No you don't!" Then he says Its common courtesy to ask at the desk before you record in the shop. So I apologise, saying I didn't know it was a big issue. Coz, who the fuck am I? Then he asks for the disc. I sez "go call the cops if ye think you've a leg to stand on, but I think they'll laugh at you." He tells me not to do it again, so I said I was gonna buy the instrument, but now I won't coz he's a prick. I'll buy it elsewhere. Are they all saps at Waltons?

What - were you drunk at the time or something? - sounds like a bunch a tossers if you ask me.
The Waltons eh....they`ll rue the day...!

What - were you drunk at the time or something? - sounds like a bunch a tossers if you ask me.
The Waltons eh....they`ll rue the day...!

Nay, I was stone cold sober at the time. Why? Coz he was such a dick? Or coz I'm wierd to record in music shops?

Listening.

Playing right now it's

Cat Power You are free

In the CD case is

Langley Innocence and Despair
New Order Substance CD 2
The Zephyrs When the sky comes down it comes down on your head
Galaxie 500 Today
The Asteroids Moonlight Music for Beginners
The Rachels Spring CD 2002
Low Secret Name
John McEntire Reach The Rock OST

Bossonova for no good reason at all is getting
lots of play at home.

Re: Listening.

Originally posted by singer
Playing right now it's

Cat Power You are free

In the CD case is

Langley Innocence and Despair
New Order Substance CD 2
The Zephyrs When the sky comes down it comes down on your head
Galaxie 500 Today
The Asteroids Moonlight Music for Beginners
The Rachels Spring CD 2002
Low Secret Name
John McEntire Reach The Rock OST

Bossonova for no good reason at all is getting
lots of play at home.

that Cat Power Covers Record , I cannot get into to

Queued up right now is a selection from:

Refused - Shape of Punk to Come
Primus - Suck on This
Earth Crisis - Oath That Keeps Me Free
Temple of The Dog - s/t
Dag Nasty - Field Day
George Michael - Songs From The Last Century

recently i harve been liking:

Django Reinhardt - Jazz Classics (30's jazz guitar genius)
Cerberus Shoal - Crash my moon yacht (i can't describe this but if you like rollers/sparkers you'd like this)
C4O - Chisel to the hip (a grower. makes more sense having not seen 'em live for a while, that's not meant in a bad way)
Metallica - Master of Puppets (old classic - uptown racquet club have some influences from this?)
Synthetic Allsorts - FES compilation (...on the tin etc.)
Ghost World Soundtrack (old '78's - lovely)
The Tycho Brahe - This Is (i waited a while to get it. the production etc. is top notch and some great tunes).

I am listening with one ear some bastard hammering incessantly, and with the other, the frantic sounds of sandpapering.

craxy I am going

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back