whatcha listenin to? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, today it's been:
1. Foreign builders
2. The director bitching about her modem
3. The photocopier
4. Angle grinders

I'll have an even better list after I do reception cover cos they actually have a radio there (usually tuned to 98fm...):(

I think I'm going craxy too

GARETH O'CALLAGHAN IN THE AFTERNOON!!!

Gareth is on a double dose of his happy happy pills these days

someday he is going to blow his head off on air, him or Larry Gogan.

"and that was Six with his latest chart toppi...*click*BLAM!!....."

seriously, its inspired programming by 2FM to puit a man this unstable on tha air to the nations workplaces in the middle of the afternoon

"we've a letter here, from kildare, from a woman called eileen casey, hi eileen, it reads, hi gareth, love the show....."

almost every day for four years i've listen to gareth o'callaghan. either the bus home has him on, the canteen, whichever car i get a lift in, or whatever office i've been working in or shopfloor.
plus my personal stash of recrdings of his show...

rockin the stereo

Stand/HHH new split "everything I am is not for sale" - this is amazing!
xCanaanx/ThirtySecondsUntilArmageddon split, also amazing
BrandNewHeavies - anthology
JustinTimberlake - just like Jacko ala OffTheWall/Thriller era
Section 8 and Outcast - sweden knows how to rock oldschool
InTheClear - leave this city in flames
Moz - bsides
DepecheMode - speak and spell
Communards - red, always good

listening to the last track on the velvetron ep. lovely stuff.

pile of cds on my desk includes:

Labradford, fixed::context (mute)
Eamon Tobin, Supermodified
The Fucking Champs, V (drag city)
The Jimmy Cake, Dublin Gone Everybody Dead (pilatus)
Smog, The Doctor Came at Dawn (domino)
Fugazi, The Argument (Dischord)
Dianogah, Millions of Brazillians (Southern)
Larmousse (city-slang)
Wesley Willis, Greatest Hits II (alternative tentacles).

Rock over London,
Rock on Chicago,
Mentos the Freshmaker.

Originally posted by Pantone247
GARETH O'CALLAGHAN IN THE AFTERNOON!!!

Gareth is on a double dose of his happy happy pills these days

someday he is going to blow his head off on air, him or Larry Gogan.

"and that was Six with his latest chart toppi...*click*BLAM!!....."

seriously, its inspired programming by 2FM to puit a man this unstable on tha air to the nations workplaces in the middle of the afternoon

HA HA Good oul Gareth O.

He just did a serious Alan Partridge bit there earlier on - giving out about the abusive text messages he was getting on the show.

"Some of these messages are just terrible" - "this is not on!" - "im looking at this one here in front of me ....(pauses)......and its disgusting."

Brilliant!

Originally posted by donnacha
What an album, a real fave of mine.

mmmmmm.

Yup, it's amazing, for something so minimalist I seem to find something new in it on every listen and of course the nerd part of me just loves the title :)

If their stuff wasn't so pricey in Tower or that credit card that's allegedly winging it's way to me actually ever arrives I would probably have bought everything else I could get by them the day after buying fixed::context.

Originally posted by ook
Yup, it's amazing, for something so minimalist I seem to find something new in it on every listen and of course the nerd part of me just loves the title :)

If their stuff wasn't so pricey in Tower or that credit card that's allegedly winging it's way to me actually ever arrives I would probably have bought everything else I could get by them the day after buying fixed::context.

Yeah... I kinda did that.

Well, I bought two other cds. I brought them back. FC is amazing though.

Labradford

Fucking brilliant live too. Class band. They were spost to be doing stuff with Coil too, although nothing seems to have come of it.

P.S. Before Chapters went shite, I picked up E Luxo So new for 2.99 in the old money. Result.

Re: Labradford

I prefer "E Luxo So" to "Fixed:Context".

"Still, you have to admire that colon", as the oncologist said to the naked civil servant.

The one time I went to ATP, Labradford sat at a table adjoining ours in the bar. I tried to work up the same sort of star-struck adrenalin rush that had made me, as a kid, approach a stranger on a Spanish beach and ask him if he was Robert Plant.

But I couldn't. Besides, Labradford were looking a little bemused themselves: at the table next to them sat Wire. What chance had I...?

(Part 2 of this story continues on Radio 4 next Tuesday at 2.15 am. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.)

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Fucking brilliant live too. Class band. They were spost to be doing stuff with Coil too, although nothing seems to have come of it.

P.S. Before Chapters went shite, I picked up E Luxo So new for 2.99 in the old money. Result.

planxtys first album.
slayer : seasons in the abyss
red house painters : ocean beach
tim buckley : happy/sad
some kazza downloaded live mogwai.

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
What does anyone think? I'm not overwhelmed by what I've heard so far...

give it a bit...

she is no cheap hussy of an album, she won't give it all up on the first date, she must be wined and dined and flattered and complimented, then you must stare deep into her eyes and listen to her every word, her every breath... and then, only then, will she reveal her full wonders to you.

I can't *actually* believe I typed that
I'm sick right?

It grew on me anyhow

Last night was Brain Eno night round my way... as usual no one turned up... so I just listened to Taking tiger Mountain and Before and After Science by myself and ate some twiglets and left the chesse cubes to go off on the side board.

*cry*

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
I went out and bought the Interpol album after someone recommended it to me in a pub by flapping his arms like a birdy.

What does anyone think? I'm not overwhelmed by what I've heard so far...

ah you know. it's ok like
coupla daycent tunes, listenable enough. don't hate it, don't love it.

new layaaiieetron lp is nice buh

Originally posted by Pantone247

Last night was Brain Eno night round my way... as usual no one turned up... so I just listened to Taking tiger Mountain and Before and After Science by myself and ate some twiglets and left the chesse cubes to go off on the side board.

whats a chesse cube?
some form of tactical table-top game of the 4th dimension?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back