What you been listening to this week? (4 Viewers)

@old has brought this lot into my life, and I'm baffled/beguiled. They veer between full on shoegaze and ultra cutesy j-pop. It's quite terrific

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@chris d

I finally got a copy of the third Sleeper album. Better than I expected, albeit very 1997. You can see the route they were going down though with those strings, attempts at "classic" songwriting, and some half-baked beats, a 1998 album would have been woeful. Like, Embrace or Starsailor levels of woeful. Symposium - Bury You woeful. 3 Colours Red having a hit with a ballad levels of 1998.

I just spotted this on the vinyl shelf this morning. Wife owns it.

I gave that Jet album a listen a while back, due to the Sparks connection. I cannot say it did a lot for me. Good playing though. Martin Gordon is an interesting character.

was late to the game for the John Francis Flynn album

back for another spin today. it really is brilliant

"no views"

Fucking hell. Kid Creole has been posting his demos to a rapturous response.

I'm so Sly Stone pilled though I'll listen to anything with these ancient drum machines creaking away for the rhythm, I fucking love it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Listening to the new Metallica and so far thinking its not bad. Although there are little snippets that are way too familiar. Almost like a really smooth mashup of previous songs.

No doubt,I'll end up thinking it's way too long,the songs themselves are too long,and as a result never listen again.

oscar peterson plays cole porter. 2 brand new subtle audio (limerick) releases. wedding present george best

Listening to the new Metallica and so far thinking its not bad. Although there are little snippets that are way too familiar. Almost like a really smooth mashup of previous songs.

No doubt,I'll end up thinking it's way too long,the songs themselves are too long,and as a result never listen again.
Didn’t even realise it was out. Also, never listened to all of their last album. It was very long

A Paisley underground compilation I found on a blog. I rearranged the tracklisting and put it on a cdr.
Songs by the rain parade. The three o clock, opal, the dream syndicate ect.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back