What was the first gig you ever went to?? (1 Viewer)

My first three gigs were Aerosmith & Balaam And The Angel 1989, Alice Cooper, Great White & Britney Fox 1989 and Bon Jovi & Dan Reed Network 1990 all at the Kings Hall Belfast. First heavy as fuck gig was Sepultura & Fudge Tunnel 1992 at the Ulster Hall Belfast. First Hardcore/DIY gig was Neurosis & Bleeding Rectum at the Cresent Arts Center in Belfast in 1993. .|..|

needtokill said:
AHA!PROOF!!I KNEW IT!!!

That would be the "Behemoth" that Foetus covers on the "male" dvd.That would be Foetus whose mainman would be a bloke who looks scarily like Mac.Who's just reccomended "behemoth".
Admit it Mac..you ARE Jim Thirlwell aren't you?

On advice from the lawyers representing the Some Bizarre/Self Immolation record label, I find myself unable to answer that question.

During the "DIY or Die" showing in Belfast the director turned around as soon as Foetus appeared on the screen and said to me "That's you, that is..."

xsteox said:
it was residence not 2000 strong, they had same singer. anto. residence played there few times thou, i think they were supporting some scottish band when i first saw em

yeah, i think i just said that i got them mixed up....!!....anyway..like a totally wise man with mad x'd hands once said 'being yourself is not a crime! we've got the truth if you've got the time!'

andrew

Is that Barberella the notoriously shit waterford all girl band?
Are you from waterford?
shouldn't you be out scoring members of your own family if you are?

Yes, that's correct, that barbarella who wanted to be the next big smiths/suede influenced girl band. think they got all their stuff nicked in 1999(?)!!! Aye, I do be from waterford (west side of county), however I plan to never spend more than a consecutive period of 2 weeks in the hole again, hence, me currently living half way across the world.

first band i saw play was the Saw Doctors in a car park in Millstreet in '93 i think.
the first proper gig i went to was Pearl Jam. i can't remember the year but i was in first year.

enchance said:
Yes, that's correct, that barbarella who wanted to be the next big smiths/suede influenced girl band. think they got all their stuff nicked in 1999(?)!!! Aye, I do be from waterford (west side of county), however I plan to never spend more than a consecutive period of 2 weeks in the hole again, hence, me currently living half way across the world.
oh dear.
i saw them in the Roxy while drunk many times during my youth.while I still lived there.which, thankfully, I don't now.

First gig: I think the Voodoo Queens in Letterkenny about 93. You could probably call them punk. I think they were put on by a collective called sonic hippie love funk. Those were the days.

First concert: Chili's, Helmet Ice Cube and some others Sunstroke 94 or 95, can't remember. Helmet were deadly, you couldn't hear the chili peppers over the crowd. Ice cube was good too.

Aah memories!!

first gig would of been Faith No More supporting G n' R @ Slane in 92....

2nd would of been Faith No More headlining Sunstroke in 93

and then I went apeshit in 94 and started going to everything....diy/metal/concerts etc...first was probaly Benediction / Doomsgame in Cork i think...

Skippy

stephenoblunt said:
First mad underground gig - UK Subs, Sir Killalot, Control at the Gasworks Summer 2000.

I was scared.
mental that was mine as well! I wasn't scared though because I was there with Ian Lawless protector of damned souls

Hmmmm... on account of I was not to meet you for another few years I'll forgive you... this time...

the strange guy said:
I remember that! Was that the time the pigs were called? And some priest organised it or something? I remember it clear as day as I was talking to two pretty hot girls. Imagine my surprise when they ended up licking each others tits. Best gig ever. They just don't make confused teenage girls like they used to. Either that or they heard to stay away from me.
Haha I heard about that incident, how I was told it they dont make confused teenage boys like they used to either :p

I cant remember gigs. I think I was at that yoke you were talking about lliadain, in Galway, Beastie Boys n all.
There was those gigs in that place... in the laneway near stephens green shopping centre.... someone help me out.... pugets and wurm and lame puppy and DC and all those...
And Eamon Dorans, oh god...
And that gig in the old Project, where the theatre is now. That was fun, DIY but not so punk. Still waiting for the aspestos poisoning to kick in.

mc moley said:
is ian lawless from greystones? or any of his friends? i keep hearing about them being from our area but never hav ran into them.
He's from somewhere round there originally I think but he's lived in dublin for as long as i've known him anyway...i've not seen him in ages anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back