What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (2 Viewers)

Mmmm

I don't think making yourself feel good about yourself, without anyone else being involved, really explains anything. Like did every individual priest or relative who confined a woman to a Magdalene laundry just do it because it made him feel powerful? I mean ... maybe? ... but I'd be very surprised, especially when everyone* was bought into using Catholicism's moral framework, and "protecting the country's morals" was seen as A Good Thing. Like, loads of people thinking you're great for doing something is surely a much stronger incentive to do it than you-all-by-yourself thinking you're great for doing it, no?

* obvs not everyone but you know what I mean

Status undoubtedly plays some part but blaming all societies’ ills on status alone just basically ignored the complex system that status operates in. Our understanding of status from an evolutionary perspective is largely built around access to resources and mates so at the end of the day, implying that status is something else other than a patriarchal power play in humans is a bit strange.

Status undoubtedly plays some part but blaming all societies’ ills on status alone just basically ignored the complex system that status operates in
No, it separates a larger thing into 2 smaller things - the drive for status, which is biological, and the context within which status is judged, which is cultural. One of these things can be changed

Our understanding of status from an evolutionary perspective is largely built around access to resources and mates so at the end of the day, implying that status is something else other than a patriarchal power play in humans is a bit strange.
I don't understand what you're saying here.

Big old man energy here but I don't know who she is..I know the name..

whats her best song?
Depends. She did a big pop album attempt in 2014 called Sucker that has her hit Boom Clap on it.

Barely anyone bought the album or was interested in that old man pop music though so she went completely left field with bonkers future pop stuff and has never really left that since, but has become a proper popstar releasing new tracks in that style every 20 minutes.

I'd say listen to Boom Clap, then Vroom Vroom, then, say, Gone. Loads of her stuff I can't stand but she's super talented and definitely means it. Knows what she's doing. Pure rich kid music mind you.

Last edited:
She wrote this song for Icona Pop in about 10 minutes when she was all of 19 and on her lunchbreak or something

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean, it sounds like something written in 10 minutes but it's also class, basically Shampoo in 2012

She wrote this song for Icona Pop in about 10 minutes when she was all of 19 and on her lunchbreak or something

I mean, it sounds like something written in 10 minutes but it's also class, basically Shampoo in 2012

Ahh yeah I know this one. She wrote it ? Nice

She does good album covers as well.
I'm surprised she's not a bigger star.
Maybe she is.....I dunno.
People have been waiting for her to have another big hit for years but it hasn't happened, I get the impression almost on purpose, like a lot of her stuff is really out there sonically. She does decent numbers on streaming though, enough to be a comfortable millionaire like, she's playing the Olympia next year which sounds about right.

Depends. She did a big pop album attempt in 2014 called Sucker that has her hit Boom Clap on it.

Barely anyone bought the album or was interested in that old man pop music though so she went completely left field with bonkers future pop stuff and has never really left that since, but has become a proper popstar releasing new tracks in that style every 20 minutes.

I'd say listen to Boom Clap, then Vroom Vroom, then, say, Gone. Loads of her stuff I can't stand but she's super talented and definitely means it. Knows what she's doing. Pure rich kid music mind you.
I enjoyed Vroom Vroom! You gotta marvel at these productions

I enjoyed Vroom Vroom! You gotta marvel at these productions
I find the ultra-pop stuff starts to grate pretty quickly but you have to respect her devotion to making everything sound insane instead of accessible. Better than a bunch of lads all trying to sound like 1967.

The absolute state of the predictable cunts in this thread taking the piss out of this fantastic young lad

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back