What television series are you currently making your way through? (20 Viewers)

watched 'Friday Night Dinner' on Netflix.

fully expected it to be shit and to not stick with it.

its a daft british comedy with a lot of corny shite in it, but there are a lot of real laugh-out-loud moments. The aul lad is hilarious.

Working my way through Monsieur Spade and enjoying it

It does veer a little into Murder She Wrote whenever the English people show up, but I'm a tolerant person

Also enjoying Masters Of The Air for the most part
A lot of dying one way or another

Expats.

I fuckin hate that word but watched it nonetheless. Turned out it wasn't about racist brits.

Its really good. Fantastically made show. It does drag on at times, but its amazing at other times. The shots of Hong Kong, the way everything is filmed, how well it is acted, all amazing. The second to last episode is 1 hour 40 mins long. I thought it would be a chore to watch but it reminded me of that thanksgiving scene in The Bear, where it just goes on and on without any logic or sense, but yet works. It flew by.

Expats.

I fuckin hate that word but watched it nonetheless. Turned out it wasn't about racist brits.

Its really good. Fantastically made show. It does drag on at times, but its amazing at other times. The shots of Hong Kong, the way everything is filmed, how well it is acted, all amazing. The second to last episode is 1 hour 40 mins long. I thought it would be a chore to watch but it reminded me of that thanksgiving scene in The Bear, where it just goes on and on without any logic or sense, but yet works. It flew by.
Shite show. Kept getting distracted by Nicole Kidman's fucked up face. Diminished her acting ability by about 50%.

Saw about 15 seconds of this and I’m surprised that it was made. The worst written dialogue I have ever heard. My wife persevered through the entire first episode and I’m still hearing her rage about it.
It's so stilted. I couldn't continue and I like that actor. It was truly painful.

We're dipping in and out of First Dates Ireland when viewing time is restricted. Apart from the incredibly annoying staff of the restaurant it can be fascinating. Irish people really don't do Reality TV, this makes it cringy and sometimes sweet.

There is a channel on YouTube which seems to be streaming every episode of ALF.
I haven't seen this in donkeys years. I remember kind of liking ALF, the theme music and thinking the mother was hot. I stand by those opinions. His nose does look like a croissant through.

Episodes of Gazzetta Football Italia debut season 1992-93.

Asprilla (Parma) ending AC Milan's 58 game unbeaten streak.

A 16 y.o. called Totti breaking into the Roma team.

Genoa beat Liverpool home and away in UEFA Cup QF. Carlos Auguilera scores twice at Anfield. Tomas Skuravy was class too.

Paulo Gazza doing the intros and reporting on how his ACL recovery was going. When he gets going on the pitch Gazza helps Beppe Signori score 26 goals for Lazio.

Regular updates on how Van Basten - injured since autumn 1992 - is going.
Marco retires due to injury in 1993.

David Platt's career beginning to wane at Juve, who have a shit season.

Post Maradona, Napoli are fading as a force despite Zola, Fonseca and Ferrara.

Czech attacking football guru Zdenek Zeman Foggia still causing shocks in Serie A.

Torino win their last trophy to date the 1993 Coppa (5-5 on agg.) after 3 penalties gives Roma 5-2 win in second leg in Rome. Andrea Silenzio scores twice for Toro to save the day. Silenzio later becomes one of first Italians to play in England. He has a disastrous time at Forest scoring only once in PL.

Ian Rush's pal from his Juve days, Torino's Pasquale Bruno talking about wanting to join Man City.
Unheard of for an Italian to go to England in 1993.
The hardman is interviewed watching cartoons with his daughter and saying he's totally different off the pitch. Aww!
Bruno later joins Hearts after helping Fiorentina get promoted in 1993-94.

My hero Batistuta, Effenberg and co. Sliding from 6th in Serie A in early 1993 to relegation after Gigi Radice resigned due to interference by Fiorentina (2nd at Xmas 1992) owner Vittorio Cecchi Gori.
Vittorio Cecchi Gori is currently in jail after bankrupting Fiorentina in 2002 and later going bankrupt himself. His family made their money as film producers (Life is Beautiful etc.)

Oh! forget to mention RE: Gazzetta Football Italia:
James Richardson - still one the best sports presenters ever - sitting in Italy's cafés reviewing the Gazzetta dello Sport and other two sports papers.

Voiceovers by the wonderful Kenneth Wolstenholme and Peter Brackley (1951-2018) one the best English commentators.
RIP both.

Episodes of Gazzetta Football Italia debut season 1992-93.

Asprilla (Parma) ending AC Milan's 58 game unbeaten streak.

A 16 y.o. called Totti breaking into the Roma team.

Genoa beat Liverpool home and away in UEFA Cup QF. Carlos Auguilera scores twice at Anfield. Tomas Skuravy was class too.

Paulo Gazza doing the intros and reporting on how his ACL recovery was going. When he gets going on the pitch Gazza helps Beppe Signori score 26 goals for Lazio.

Regular updates on how Van Basten - injured since autumn 1992 - is going.
Marco retires due to injury in 1993.

David Platt's career beginning to wane at Juve, who have a shit season.

Post Maradona, Napoli are fading as a force despite Zola, Fonseca and Ferrara.

Czech attacking football guru Zdenek Zeman Foggia still causing shocks in Serie A.

Torino win their last trophy to date the 1993 Coppa (5-5 on agg.) after 3 penalties gives Roma 5-2 win in second leg in Rome. Andrea Silenzio scores twice for Toro to save the day. Silenzio later becomes one of first Italians to play in England. He has a disastrous time at Forest scoring only once in PL.

Ian Rush's pal from his Juve days, Torino's Pasquale Bruno talking about wanting to join Man City.
Unheard of for an Italian to go to England in 1993.
The hardman is interviewed watching cartoons with his daughter and saying he's totally different off the pitch. Aww!
Bruno later joins Hearts after helping Fiorentina get promoted in 1993-94.

My hero Batistuta, Effenberg and co. Sliding from 6th in Serie A in early 1993 to relegation after Gigi Radice resigned due to interference by Fiorentina (2nd at Xmas 1992) owner Vittorio Cecchi Gori.
Vittorio Cecchi Gori is currently in jail after bankrupting Fiorentina in 2002 and later going bankrupt himself. His family made their money as film producers (Life is Beautiful etc.)
One mistake:
Genoa knocked Liverpool out of UEFA Cup the previous season in 1991-92. NOT 1992-93.
Very important correction there folks.

Ex Mormon lady ) talks about the ins and outs of being a mormon missionary.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i kinda fancy her too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back