What television series are you currently making your way through? (28 Viewers)

Kevin can F himself, on Prime.

This is good, if you can resist the urge to turn it off in the first 2 episodes. I stuck with it because of Annie Murphy, and I was glad I did. It takes a lot of getting used to them switching between the bright, laughter-track, scenes, and the dark, depressing ones. But its a rewarding watch, and I even started laughing at some of the laughter track stuff in time.

I never saw anything made in this fashion before. But, whats different about it, is what will eventually make it endearing.

Kevin can F himself, on Prime.

This is good, if you can resist the urge to turn it off in the first 2 episodes. I stuck with it because of Annie Murphy, and I was glad I did. It takes a lot of getting used to them switching between the bright, laughter-track, scenes, and the dark, depressing ones. But its a rewarding watch, and I even started laughing at some of the laughter track stuff in time.

I never saw anything made in this fashion before. But, whats different about it, is what will eventually make it endearing.
Haven’t watched the second (and final) series yet. It’s a really good concept & the first time it cuts over in the first episode is just so effective.

Mostly just carrying on with youtube myself. Obviously it's not television but i've been out of that for a while and find it a bit jarring now. All those sets and plots and focus groups and stuff.

This is the one show i actually set time aside to watch. People building a commune in portugal while studying how live slightly decarbonised.

Occasional episodes of Technology connections but i am finding the episodes a bit too long these days. A nerd from america talks about household appliances.

Wintergatan - I'm sure some of ye's dabble with this one. that guy building musical marble machines over and over. I waned on it a bit but his approach on version 3 is a lot better.

possibly another favourite at the moment

A guy restoring a hillside cabin in Italy. His camera work can be outstanding at times. It's more ambience than anything.

Watched the first couple of episodes of painkiller on Netflix. About the US opoid crisis/oxycontin/The Sackler family.

The reviews haven't been great, some crticism that some of the satirical/comedic stuff doesn't land tone wise but I think it's been pretty good, engaging with it as a horror.

Maybe it's not a proper TV series, but I just learned about "On Cinema, At the Cinema". It's amazing.

It's a bit like Stewart Lee in the way they're all playing this fictionalized horrible version of themselves, but the way Tim takes the worst elements of so many characters and creates this truly awful human is incredible. Greg's persona, the way you keep learning about how things keep managing to spiral off into an even worse scenario. The appearance of constant panic and confusion. It's so well done.

Maybe it's not a proper TV series, but I just learned about "On Cinema, At the Cinema". It's amazing.

It's a bit like Stewart Lee in the way they're all playing this fictionalized horrible version of themselves, but the way Tim takes the worst elements of so many characters and creates this truly awful human is incredible. Greg's persona, the way you keep learning about how things keep managing to spiral off into an even worse scenario. The appearance of constant panic and confusion. It's so well done.
I'm going to start this. Have seen clips here and there and they always give me a chuckle.

Heidecker has so much content available it seems like an impossible task to keep up. His stand up set on YouTube is absolutely brilliant. I've watched it so many times.

Painkiller ..enjoyed it

Watched the first couple of episodes of painkiller on Netflix. About the US opoid crisis/oxycontin/The Sackler family.

The reviews haven't been great, some crticism that some of the satirical/comedic stuff doesn't land tone wise but I think it's been pretty good, engaging with it as a horror.

So this is done a la the Big SHort and the Dick Cheney one?

I'm going to start this. Have seen clips here and there and they always give me a chuckle.

Heidecker has so much content available it seems like an impossible task to keep up. His stand up set on YouTube is absolutely brilliant. I've watched it so many times.
For this thing it's his world building that's so impressive, the way it's revealed. These new characters arriving in, you're figuring out what must have happened for this set of events to be revealed on this episode. And it's ALWAYS awful. Like, Tim is awful, and he manages to be more awful, all the time.

The first time I really understood the game was when this Japanese exchange student arrives in who you learn has been minding the kids, Ayaka. Tim must have become infatuated with her so he drags her onto his TV show as a presenter, and he's flirting with her in the sleaziest possible way on the show. I don't think I've ever seen anything else where virtually everything that's happening is implied and happening off camera. It's just THIS, and you're going, huh? until you realise a new avenue in his hellscape has opened up.

For this thing it's his world building that's so impressive, the way it's revealed. These new characters arriving in, you're figuring out what must have happened for this set of events to be revealed on this episode. And it's ALWAYS awful. Like, Tim is awful, and he manages to be more awful, all the time.

The first time I really understood the game was when this Japanese exchange student arrives in who you learn has been minding the kids, Ayaka. Tim must have become infatuated with her so he drags her onto his TV show as a presenter, and he's flirting with her in the sleaziest possible way on the show. I don't think I've ever seen anything else where virtually everything that's happening is implied and happening off camera. It's just THIS, and you're going, huh? until you realise a new avenue in his hellscape has opened up.
Just crushed the first four episodes..have told the wife there is 10 years of this to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back