What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

main1.jpg

Wwoofail on TG4. Mainly because I love Mairead.

"between the mercury in fish alone,its a wonder there aint more kids jumping off bridges" Paulies still dispensing the wisdom here!

Paulie: I can't stand touching my fucking shoelaces. Ever go to tie your shoes and you notice the end of your laces are wet? Come on, why would they be wet?

Silvio: I've got no fucking idea.

Paulie: You go in the public bathrooms. You stand at the urinals...

Hesh: Oh fuck. Come on will ya.

Paulie: He's asking me and I'm telling him and frankly it's important. Even if the laces dry and even if you don't touch the body of the show, bacteria and virus migrate from the sole up.

I watched the first episode of Welcome to Sweden but it was on the Swedish Netflix so the Swedish bits had no subtitles. Hurray.

Watched the pilot episode of The Man In The High Castle and thought it was very good. Unfortunately, no other episodes exist yet.

I’m watching Banshee. Trashy but fun thriller about an ex con posing as a dead sherrif in an Amish town. This is all T&A, heads getting blown to bits and requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

I’m watching Banshee. Trashy but fun thriller about an ex con posing as a dead sherrif in an Amish town. This is all T&A, heads getting blown to bits and requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

It is my absolute guiltiest of guilty pleasure TV, the producers do not give a solitary fuck about anyone's idea of acceptable good taste or sensibilities.

It's like a Van Damme movie for an hour each week, trashy good fun. How deep into it are you?

---

Started watching Luther last night, I've heard mixed things about it but I thought the first episode was quite good.

Giving Peaky Blinders another shot. There’s all these compelling, action packed, beautifully shot scenes which they then ruin by putting the White Stripes over them. Baffling. Cillian Murphy is terrific in it though.

Season 2 of Peaky Blinders is a vast improvement on season 1 in every way possible. The first episode alone is better than the whole of season 1. Still a few niggly issues with anachronistic music and shitty accents but they have ironed out most of the storytelling and stylistic issues and have really fleshed out the characters. Terrific stuff.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt - new Tina Fey- written thing. Something decent enough on Netflix.

Review with Forrest MacNeill
Review_(TV_series).png

New-ish Comedy Central series. Andy Daly plays a mild-mannered TV show host who has to partake in and review extreme life experiences suggested by his viewers (e.g. taking cocaine, eating 30 pancakes, being racist).. Daly's a very funny guy that I knew from improv comedy podcasts, I'm glad he's found a decent TV vehicle. The execution doesn't always match the great concept but it starts to pick up around 3 episodes in when the negative consequences of his review experiences start to pile up and seriously affect his personal life. There's a layer of artificiality to it which you seemingly have to suspend disbelief for (i.e. his family and friends are apparently unaware what Forrest does for a living, because they're always shocked when he starts acting out-of-character during one of his reviews.. maybe this gets explained in a later episode). Worth giving a look I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back