What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

I'm most of the way though watching this. It's good but the thing I don't like about it is that it goes on for 20 episodes so its completely obvious that the guy who is the suspect in Episode 2 is not the guy who did it. Nor the new suspect in Episode 4. Nor the one in Episode 6. Etc etc. In fact the whole plot about the mayoral election is more interesting than the murder .... Still enjoying it mind you.

I just finished season 2 and it only had 10 episodes. 20 episodes never bothered me because it's the way an investigation would unfold, which I find fascinating. I don't care if I know someone didn't do it by episode 4 or 6 because I like to think "what would I do next" and see if it happens. I actually called the killer in episode 2, granted I didn't know why the time but I had a feeling. The show is like a puzzle, which is so up my alley. Lots of little detail. Loved it. Now I have to wait for Season 3. :(

Been watching the first season of Awake, a new NBC show with Jason Isaacs the British actor in the lead role.. It's a good conceptual hook - he plays a cop who survives a car accident and then starts switching between two realities, one in which his son died in the crash but his wife survives, and vice versa in the alternate reality. He swaps between them when he goes to sleep. In essence it's a police procedural 'crime of the week' type thing with a twist, as he uses his ability to switch realities to help him solve the cases. The more interesting aspect of the show is the psychological exploration of what's happening to him, the problems with simultaneously living two lives, the way he uses his situation to make new connections with his wife and son and the idea that he may be dreaming one of the realities as a coping mechanism. Isaacs is very good in a low key way. Unfortunately looks likely to get cancelled after one season as the viewing figures aren't great but it's worth checking out.

Shameless USA

Pretty good stuff on the telly Friday nights.

shameless2busa2bepisode2b4-16.jpg

Been watching the first season of Awake, a new NBC show with Jason Isaacs the British actor in the lead role.. It's a good conceptual hook - he plays a cop who survives a car accident and then starts switching between two realities, one in which his son died in the crash but his wife survives, and vice versa in the alternate reality. He swaps between them when he goes to sleep. In essence it's a police procedural 'crime of the week' type thing with a twist, as he uses his ability to switch realities to help him solve the cases. The more interesting aspect of the show is the psychological exploration of what's happening to him, the problems with simultaneously living two lives, the way he uses his situation to make new connections with his wife and son and the idea that he may be dreaming one of the realities as a coping mechanism. Isaacs is very good in a low key way. Unfortunately looks likely to get cancelled after one season as the viewing figures aren't great but it's worth checking out.

the only thing that bothers me about this show is that there's zero explanation given for how / why it's happening. well, that and it's inevitable cancellation.

On April 13, 2012, Robert Seidman of the U.S. television ratings website TV by the Numbers noted that NBC will likely cancel the series at the end of its first season due to its initial sharp decline in the ratings.

the penguins were a particularly nice touch

Anyone watching Girls by Lena Dunham? I've lots of reservations but am watching it nonetheless, will see.

Watching the repeats of Trivia, tuesdays on RTE1. Really like it. One of those small shows where not much happens but the whole thing has a nice vibe to it.

HBO's Girls. After a luke warm pilot episode this really hit its stride and became the funniest show on TV at the moment. Adam is one of the funniest characters in recent memory
girls.jpg

Watched the pilot episode of Veep - I laughed out loud quite a few times - surprisingly amusing - I have high hopes - usually it takes a few episodes before the proper laughs come

Watched the pilot episode of Veep - I laughed out loud quite a few times - surprisingly amusing - I have high hopes - usually it takes a few episodes before the proper laughs come

Whole series was very hit n' miss. I remember thinking that EP3 was good. I quite fancy grown up girl from My Girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back