What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

I started Curb Your Enthusiam from scratch last week, I've dipped in and out of it before with the odd episode. I think I had Larry pegged all wrong, I thought that he was like some sort of latter day Meursault unwilling to bend his principals to social convention, thus far he's just been a consistant asshole.

I started Curb Your Enthusiam from scratch last week, I've dipped in and out of it before with the odd episode. I think I had Larry pegged all wrong, I thought that he was like some sort of latter day Meursault unwilling to bend his principals to social convention, thus far he's just been a consistant asshole.

I don't know your reference but I think that is exactly what he is - I.e. Unwilling to bend to social convention. The whole thing is about etiquette, the dilemma of how exactly one should behave in various social situations. Every episode hangs on one of these dilemmas. In some cases he's a stickler for convention, in others he refuses to bend to it. In all cases though, yes, he is an asshole.

Watching the latest season of curb on more 4 (haven't watched last night's one yet). So far I've preferred it to the previous series but the bisexual episode was possibly the worst episode ever.

I don't know your reference but I think that is exactly what he is - I.e. Unwilling to bend to social convention. The whole thing is about etiquette, the dilemma of how exactly one should behave in various social situations. Every episode hangs on one of these dilemmas. In some cases he's a stickler for convention, in others he refuses to bend to it. In all cases though, yes, he is an asshole.

Maybe he becomes a bit less of just a dick with more episodes.

Actually, today in the post office I had a bit of a Larry David moment, fairly lenghty queue and I was at the head of it, in comes a lady in an electric wheelchair and she wasn't able to fit into the place in the shop roped off for people to line up in so she just pulled up beside me and as people came in she told people to just go ahead and she'd know where her spot was. I couldn't decide whether or not the correct etiquette would be to just let her go ahead of me and everyone else or to let her just take her own place. In the end I decided that it might have been really condescending to let her go first so I took my spot at the counter when the window became available. Another customer finished up at the other window and the person in the queue behind me said to the wheelchair lady, "go on ahead there."

"Oh, okay, thanks."

(Meursault is the dude from Camus' "The Outsider.")

Watching a shitton of 30 Rock episodes - best thing is because of the subconscious overload my Tina Fey sex dreams are exquisitely vivid

game of thrones s1 in almost one sitting. its a bit like neighbours in high speed with swords and tits. quite enjoyed it. wouldnt have touched it if i knew there was only one series though.

The Walking Dead season 2 is sooooooooooooooooooo fucking boring yet I'm compelled to keep watching.

game of thrones s1 in almost one sitting. its a bit like neighbours in high speed with swords and tits. quite enjoyed it. wouldnt have touched it if i knew there was only one series though.

I might grab that tonight so. There's a new season coming in April so the telly says.

The Walking Dead season 2 is sooooooooooooooooooo fucking boring yet I'm compelled to keep watching.

I've abandoned it. Nucky Thompson is my Sunday night appointment now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back