What television series are you currently making your way through? (1 Viewer)

Just finished House of Cards.
Good enough for you to keep watching, not good enough to inspire anything.

There's a good article by Andrew Leonard on Salon about the amount of data Netflix captures - when people pause, decide to switch off etc.
And apparently when they were commissioning a show they noticed that people who watched the BBC version also liked things with Kevin Spacey and David Fincher.

though I do have to say...Kate Mara ...if that was your own ass...congratulations

Just finished season 1 of Treme. I think on another thread Hermie had said he found it boring and worthy and I agreed with him because I didn't really get into it on my first attempt. So so wrong. Absolutely worth the patience it takes during those first few episode to get to know the characters. Great writing and sublime acting. Wonderful music too. I would love to hang out with every character on the show and marry the violinist lady.
Lucia-Micarelli-Treme-GQ.jpg

Sherlock.

I'm a couple of years behind on this one but it's the best thing I've seen in ages. Wildly entertaining and absolutely hilarious at times. Superb telly.

The Americans

Two KGB sleeper agents in the US in the eightys. Very good so far (up to episode 8).

It wavers a bit between a single arc and episodes - as if the writers haven't quite decided yet. The first episodes all drove the overall story - but there has been a couple of "we have a mission for you" episodes which I don't like and end up being a little too much Scarecrow and Mrs King.

There's a lot of time spent on the relationship between the two spies and their "marriage" which is surprisingly very good.

Anyone watched Workaholics? I ripped through it. I don't usually go for gross out, frat boy toilet humor, but this is great. The storylines are off the wall.

Interview-OrphanBlack-00.jpg

'Orphan Black' - Canadian-made drama / sci-fi series produced by BBC America, currently halfway into its first season.. A young woman sees somebody throw themselves in front of a train, who happens to look absolutely identical to her. She steals the identity of the dead woman, initially to try and clear out her bank account, and gets drawn into a web of weirdness when other identical twins of her turn up. It's quite good fun so far, moves along at a brisk pace and the lead actress does an exceptional job of playing numerous characters, often interacting together in the same scene, though she does have to put on a slightly dodgy British accent quite a lot of the time. There are some hints of a labyrinthine conspiracy backstory and I'm a bit wary that it might disappear into its own mythology as it progresses, but it holds together pretty well so far.

Really enjoyed the Top of the Lake mini-series, an easy one to plough through.

Orphan Black is great, the pace of the storyline is perfect.

I'm about 3 episodes into the new Netflix series Hemlock Grove, not great but not bad either, we'll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back