What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

I hated this. They’ve tried to make an American style sex comedy for a UK audience. No one in the UK talks like the characters in this. It’s so terrible.
I’m only a couple of episodes into it but I really like it. The Americanisation of a UK story doesn’t bother me but it seems to be a big turn off for most viewers based on internet rage. It’s a stylistic device and probably to make it seem less like Skins than anything else.

3 episodes into Sex Education. It's grand, but the music is fantastic. I kind of can't tell when or where it's meant to be set. It looks like its teh 80s but they have smartphones.

Wall to wall Ezra Furman though, so can't really go wrong there.

Evil Genius (the recommendation of a friend). Grim and sad and delusional. Stopped half way through the second episode, whatever thrilling revelation awaits at the end isn't going to make up for the unpleasant journey. The cops are all likeable enough, the "protagonists" are unwell, unhappy and awful. Avoid.

3 episodes into Sex Education. It's grand, but the music is fantastic. I kind of can't tell when or where it's meant to be set. It looks like its teh 80s but they have smartphones.

Wall to wall Ezra Furman though, so can't really go wrong there.

Yeah I had a similar experience with the timing. I think its more of a stylistic choice, and its very much "now", but the vibe is defintiely a retro-ish "any time" and the place a very Americanized "any place".

Just finished S4 of Orange is the New Black. Such a well-scripted show. Also was really thrown with how it went. Looking forward to 5 and 6 now

So far I'm not sure about it at all. It's like a show written by a computer, a "hot topic" algorithm.
Drugs - check
Sex - check
Guns - check
Video games - check
Masturbation - check
Race relations - check
Attractive cast - check

... or a human teenager. You've made me interested in it now!

Started Russian Doll last night. So far it's nearly insane enough to be another Maniac - here's hoping! No Emma Stone in it though :( I haven't had a crush this big on an actor since Audrey Tatou

Watched all of Russian Doll in one sitting tonight. Very good, but as usual with this sort of thing, I think most of the philosophical or whatever allusions went over my head.

Hang on. Is this new? I thought there had already been three seasons?

Season three was never shown over here before, owing to Syfy cancelling the show and Netflix dropping the streaming rights. Amazon picked it up for a fourth season that's currently being made, and they just started streaming season three (and one and two).

I bought the Randall & Hopkirk (deceased) DVD box set last week. The original 1969/70 series. I've seen most of the episodes before.... A few years ago, but I always like them. So I'm going to watch them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back