What movie you gonna watch tonight? (3 Viewers)

Aliens director's cut is one of the greatest examples of a film that should have been released in director's cut form.
They LITERALLY cut the best scene in the entire film for the normal cinema version.
It HAS to be director's cut.

Maybe I'm thinking of Alien but I didn't remember a whole lot added to the director's cut of Aliens aside from the bit with Newt's family at the start.

Looking at the comparison list @nooly posted above, it's the only scene I'd really bother keeping out of the additions. The scenes with Newt's family are too heavy handed and most of the other stuff just slows it down. The theatrical cut is almost perfect for me.

Na, loads of the other scenes are great too. The early shots of the colony and the family are great, Hudson's One-Way trip to Hell is amazzzzing, most of the other scenes are related to the sentry guns.
Ripley's daughter, nobody really cares but I thought that scene was interesting for the sci-fi of it.
Newt can still fuck off.
Any extra scene with Hudson in it is essential.

Ripley's daughter, nobody really cares but I thought that scene was interesting for the sci-fi of it.

Does this not help set up the motivation of her bond with Newt?
Why she goes back to get her at the end.

And the larger theme of motherhood involving the queen and all that.

a_097CarrieHenn.jpg

Cinema

And I'm going

Forty-year-old Christine Lucas wakes up in bed with a man she does not know, in an unfamiliar house. The man explains that he is her husband, Ben, and that she suffered brain damage from a car accident ten years ago. Christine wakes up every morning with no memory of her life from her early twenties onwards. Every morning, after she wakes up, Ben has to explain to her what has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back