What movie you gonna watch tonight? (1 Viewer)

I got the impression the films had a similar tone - lead character being mistrusted/investigated by the community for a crime he may or may not have committed. No?

It's a murder mystery with a twist. The movie, like the book, is told in he said/she said alternating passages.
Both protagonists are unreliable narrators and mostly horrible people.
Gets a bit grand guignol toward the end.

Also, it's Fincher.

Don't go see this film.

I had the best time though. There's this hardcore of people that go to these free screenings. And they seem go to them all. Four nights a week.
They are like the island of lost toys. Some are quite old, more than a few are disabled, some look borderline homeless.
What they seem to have in common is the time to seek these events out and the doggedness to stand in line for an hour waiting before it starts.
They all know each other. It was great. The old lady next to me (70, easily) was doing little comments every so often.
Like someone in the movie said that they were going to piss on someone's grave and she goes "Well, that's mean"
Stuff like that.
And her friend insisted on giving me some of her chocolate covered almonds that she had in this huge Ziploc bag.
The (possibly homeless) guy next to me was sellotaping up discarded tickets as he had collected a bunch of coupons that you could get free popcorn with as long as you had a movie ticket. He got the coupons in November 2011. That's how many he has used. He scans the cinema for discarded stubs and sellotapes two halves together.
It was a revelation.

There's a screening for Pride on tonight. I wasn't going to bother. But I just fucking might.

This guy goes to these screenings. I saw him last night.

I can't relax properly when someone the same height as me is in the room.

highres_223203532.jpeg

This is his profile pic. I wonder if it works.

Plays it low key in his introduction.
"Nice guy who lives in Boston. I'm 6 foot 3, 200 pounds with long blonde hair."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back