What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

xin_58050412093997439164.jpg

Waitress.
Sweet enough romantic comedy.

And:

59-dvd-titanic.jpg

it was on after midnight on one of the US channels and they still cut Kates tits out of it.

what a strange up tight nation they are.

under_capricorn.jpg

Think this was Hitchcock's only costume drama. A very tense film, with all the unexpected twists in the tale you would expect from Hitch. Ingrid Bergman is great in the role of unhappy alcoholic, and although it slips at times at least her Irish accent wasn't overly Hollywood. I'd highly recommend watching it.

Swimming Pool on Film4.

In terms of alluring female nudity, Swimming Pool shows a lot, but it's what remains concealed that gives this erotic thriller a potent, voyeuristic charge. With his Hitchcockian handling of secrets and lies, prolific French director François Ozon reunites with his Under the Sand star, Charlotte Rampling, to tell a seductive tale of murder and complicity, beginning when British mystery novelist Sarah Morton (Rampling) seeks peace and relaxation at her publisher's French villa, only to find his brash, sexually liberated daughter Julie (Ludivine Sagnier) arriving shortly thereafter to disrupt her solitary reverie. What begins as mutual annoyance turns into something more sinister and duplicitous, alternating between Julie's predatory sex with men and Sarah's observant, perhaps jealous fascination. These two women, generations apart, share in Ozon's delicate dance of trust, curiosity, and gradual understanding, until a twist ending that forces you to reevaluate everything you've seen. Only then will the mysteries of Swimming Pool be fully and tantalizingly revealed.

Jackie Earle Haley? amazing performance.it must have been so difficult to keep that balance between his undeniably sick and creeepy character and the audiences sympathy.all the performances were top notch.

Do you mean Jackie Healy Ray??

my god, is there no end to the mans talents?

"Hot Fuzz", about half an hour too long but consistently amusing. "De Ja vu" enjoyable hokum. Tony Scott managed to keep the dizzying edits under wraps for the most part.

forget my previous post, just noticed it was already discussed here :)

i just watched

L%20-vita_e_bella.jpg

for the hundredth time. if you can tolerate benigni's slapstick (and i've learnt to) it's the most wonderful movie.

and many of the reasons i've watched it so many times are just to see giorgio cantarini soar through the role

sjff_03_img0954.jpg

and scream "we won!!" at the end.

*blub*

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

'Monday Morning' which was so similar in editing and humour to the films of Jacque Tati, a lawsuit could be issued. Very amusing though. An ode to indolence.

sicko.jpg

i dunno why i bothered googling this poster.

film was good, its michael moore so expect lots of archive stock footage and inapporpriate musical cues.
some fucked up shit though.

Charlotte Rampling has now replaced Helen Mirren as my fav sexiest female of the moment.
what about ann coulter? ;)

getting back into watching tons of shit again recently; mostly documentaries and some old personal faves, like welcome to the dollhouse and barfly. I love everything about barfly.. great movie.

why we fight is in the machine right now; millitary industrial complex etc. will probably have to wait til tomorrow though.

Man On Fire. Mr Washington is in fine form as the alchoholic who is thought to live again by a Dakota Fannings then she get's kidnapped and he goes on one. As Christpoher Walken put's it "Creasey's art is death and he's about to create his masterpiece"

Great film albiet a bit too long that's really let down by it's ending and Tony Scotts 'Parkinsons Sufferor' style camera work.

Then I watched Season 1 & 2 of Black Books which I had forgot was so funny.

Season 3 is getting it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back