What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

hours of his spoken word stuff on this...
e475745we8t.jpg

that's a fantastic collection. one of burroughs' greatest works for me was the "nothing hear now but the recordings" album, a masterpiece which almost transcends music and poetry. in a similar vein, and also excellent, is the "breakthrough in grey room" collection. burroughs had one of the most characteristic and mesmerising speaking voices ever.

most recently watched the electronic music documentary "modulations", which was interesting and entertaining (particularly footage of stockhausen and czukay) despite the unnecessarly frenetic editing and the tedious pretentions of FSOL.

I watched Mel Gibson's 'The Passion Of The Jaysis' last night.

Not great but then I'm not really into fantasy movies.

Hey-ooooh!

Baa-zing!

female convict scorpion:jailhouse41

its a strange one. part 2 of a series, so some parts of the story didn't quite make sense, as you'd need to have seen part one. also, not all the voice over parts were anywhere in sync with the actors. but, still it was ok.

bestboylrg.jpg

Really well made and touching documentary. The director charts three years in the life of his cousin, a mentally challenged 52-year-old man who lives at home with his parents. Almost unbearably intimate at times.

"Human Nature" - it was excellent:) don't know how i missed it previously!

tried recording it but my videoplayer is a piece of shit! glad to hear it's good, been meaning to watch it for ages.i'll have to rent it i suppose.

how does it compare to eternal sunshine? more comedy less drama?

tried recording it but my videoplayer is a piece of shit! glad to hear it's good, been meaning to watch it for ages.i'll have to rent it i suppose.

how does it compare to eternal sunshine? more comedy less drama?

its more comedic, slighter, quirky but without the emotional resonances of eternal sunshine. worth a watch, like!

the hills have eye's two. (remake) was alright as a total gorefest type film. probably better off renting it, rather than paying a tenner into the cinema.

fast food nation: a bit bland.

lonesome jim: nice movie. would have been better if steve buscemi was in it, as apposed to just directing.

the lookout: really great. creepy. nice build up of tension throughout the movie. joseph gordon-levitt makes up for brick. jeff daniels plays a blind guy very convincingly.

Cheers Zebra, just bought 'Lonesome Jim' last night.

Last night.
t03544ypmuj.jpg
Great fun, and surprisingly gritty looking. Bit of a jip because Robards is hardly in it. But that whole opening sequence, worth watching for that alone. Demme is a dab-hand in his use of music.

Then this was on telly then
t10572brjrd.jpg
George Gaynes may well be the funniest actor ever.

Cheers Zebra, just bought 'Lonesome Jim' last night.

Last night.
t03544ypmuj.jpg
Great fun, and surprisingly gritty looking. Bit of a jip because Robards is hardly in it. But that whole opening sequence, worth watching for that alone. Demme is a dab-hand in his use of music.

funny little film alright! bruce langhorne did the instrumental soundtrack to it and he did this too (which is excellent!) -
6a00c2251f656c8e1d00c22522b0fd604a-320pi

p.s. is "lonesome jim" available to rent do ya know?

p.s. is "lonesome jim" available to rent do ya know?

That i don't know. In time it will be, I'd imagine. I've been waiting at least two years to see it. I fucking knew it would be buried in the end. It's second life starts now I suppose. Plenty of copies available on ebay, I got mine for 12 euro which includes the postage. I just bought 'Dillinger' with Warren Oates for 6 euro (covering all costs again)!

Last night I watched 'fellow traveller' with Ron Silver as an exiled Hollywood screenwriter working on a Robin Hood script for British t.v in London, 1950s. Some brilliant editing touchs, stupendious acting (Silver looks a good bit and sounds exactly like Al Pacino) and a quiet ending after the inevitable bruhaha.

Today I went to see 'Ten Canoes' as part of the Aussie film festival, Rolf de Heer's new film. Quite exceptional piece of work, breath-taking in it's appearance. Just about as good as cinema gets. Some gas moments too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back