What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

It's difficult to say... they're both so different in many ways. I think Before Sunset though. It's less idealistic, more real, I found it much more moving.

yes, Before Sunrise has a kind of fragile, almost intangible feel about it - even though it's not particularly far-fetched. Doesn't stop it being a work of genius though.

Both are amazing! But Before Sunrise is very innocent... detached from real life. Before Sunset confronts reality head on... and it's in real-time. It's less idealistic and more mature, in the same way that the characters are.

yeah, its one of those movies alright. if you really think about it, theres a lot of crap in the movie, the acting is shite as well, most notably from gabriel byrne "THERES NO FUCKIN COKE ON THIS BOAT!" & stephen baldwin.
even the twist at the end isnt really that great.

Keyser Soze is Pete Postlethwaite. Now look at it again and see if the twist is not that great.

Prepare to be surprised.

There are depths to that movie....

View attachment 4164

These, one after the other. Words fail me.

Before Sunset is like being trapped watching 2 people you don't know have an annoying and largely boring conversation. Really thought it was terrible. Granted, I didn't see Before Sunrise - but I can't imagine that would have made me like either of them or be particularly interested in their relationship.

anyway...

Before Sunset is like being trapped watching 2 people you don't know have an annoying and largely boring conversation. Really thought it was terrible. Granted, I didn't see Before Sunrise - but I can't imagine that would have made me like either of them or be particularly interested in their relationship.

anyway...

I think Before Sunrise is one of those films that you have to see when you're kinda young and less cynical.
I reckon if I saw it for the first time now I'd be throwing things at the TV.

highanxiety.jpg

High Anxiety - never seen it beofre. Deadddly!

Little Children
(don't read the first user comment - it contains way too much plot spoilering.)

Yeah this was fairly good alright, although it has a rather odd voiceover for around the first and last thirds. Jackie Earle Haley was in it (giving a great performance) & All The Kings Men, what i watched earlier. An odd coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back