What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Takeshi Kitanos Takeshis....
Liked it, very enjoyable though not brilliant, not even sure if it was good. Like a remix of itself and other Kitano movies at the same time. Some of the crazyness was just stoo-pid. But in the funny way. Like David Lynch stuff but without the demanding seriousness of it

Ps. aren't those images that stretch these topics into un-viewableness just lovely! Sure to post it in many threads while at it! It's SO funny, cracks me up like

"young adam": second time seeing it, still excellent. absolutely beautiful cinematography, and ewan mcgreggor's best performance (perhaps just because he plays such a miserable cunt: a nice antidote to those soppy films which featured his sickly smile). i'm tempted to call this film faultless.

a few short films after that, all of which seen before:
derek jarman: "the art of mirrors" (hypnotic and otherworldly)
derek jarman: "a journey to avebury" (like a lovely painting that moves)
coum transmissions: "after cease to exist" (this will make any man cross his legs and wince)
gaspar noe: "sodomites" (hilarious and excellent use of editing, fairly throwaway in terms of content... i suppose that is apt as it is about condoms)

"young adam": second time seeing it, still excellent. absolutely beautiful cinematography, and ewan mcgreggor's best performance (perhaps just because he plays such a miserable cunt: a nice antidote to those soppy films which featured his sickly smile). i'm tempted to call this film faultless.

Agreed.

I watched...

blue_velvet01.jpg
and

bladerunner.jpg

"I've ... seen things, you people wouldn't believe... yaddayaddayadda."

Is it wrong that I kinda fancy Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner?

I think I already know the answer.

Meh. I didn't think it was great. Or particularly funny.

I also found the dialogue quite stilted in parts. A little heavy on the "quel dommage"s, I think.

and the "seig heil"s.

it started well, but the characters are annoying and irritatingly stereotypical. the story had excellent potential, but they seemed to make obvious decisions and it ended up a less interesting, less funny version of Driving Me Crazy. also, the schlong moments are more than gross and have mildly disturbed me.

I give it a C-

belleville rendezvous last night. much better than i thought it was going to be.

silent hill the previous night. a bit meh. took me a while to get into it and then i got into it and then the last thirty seconds totally threw me which was annoying because it didn't seem like it was setting itself up as anything other than completely straightforward up till then.
some of the CGI was horrendous but some was really good. some nice visuals and gory bits. i wouldn't have missed out on anything by not watching it though.

belleville rendezvous last night. much better than i thought it was going to be.

silent hill the previous night. a bit meh. took me a while to get into it and then i got into it and then the last thirty seconds totally threw me which was annoying because it didn't seem like it was setting itself up as anything other than completely straightforward up till then.
some of the CGI was horrendous but some was really good. some nice visuals and gory bits. i wouldn't have missed out on anything by not watching it though.

funnily enough, there wasn't a huge amount of cgi in this..just make up that looked like bad cgi

funnily enough, there wasn't a huge amount of cgi in this..just make up that looked like bad cgi
you reckon? i'm thinking of the bit near the start where the kid/small people yokes are coming at your one for the first time.. they hardly did them dissolving into ash with makeup like. that was definitely bad cgi. and that kinda thing happened a good few times.

Did you LOVE it, though? I did so I did.

Last night I watched the start of Hitchcock's Rope, man those two guys are camp as fook. Deliberate or nay, I wonder?

Tonight I shall finish watching it and then watch The Crazies. Wooooooh.

i liked it a lot. i don't think i LOVED it though. but i thought i wasn't going to like it because i find the french language really irritating, and then it wasn't very french and i was pleasantly surprised.

Did you LOVE it, though? I did so I did.

Last night I watched the start of Hitchcock's Rope, man those two guys are camp as fook. Deliberate or nay, I wonder?

Tonight I shall finish watching it and then watch The Crazies. Wooooooh.

For more camp Hitchcock fun you should definitely watch Strangers on a Train. More Farley Granger, this time with Robert Walker as a spoiled rich boy-man who has a very unhealthy fixation.

i find the french language really irritating

va te faire foutre! :D

watched part 2 of that 9/11 drama on BBC. it was surprisingly good. aside from the assorted heavy handed 'america is great' scenes and some weird homo erotic moments between some CIA op (was it donny wahlberg?) and the prince of Panjshir, I thought it pretty decent.

anyone else watch it?

va te faire foutre! :D

watched part 2 of that 9/11 drama on BBC. it was surprisingly good. aside from the assorted heavy handed 'america is great' scenes and some weird homo erotic moments between some CIA op (was it donny wahlberg?) and the prince of Panjshir, I thought it pretty decent.

anyone else watch it?

if thats the one with harvey keitel then yeah, i saw the last 40 minutes.
was surpisingly good, didnt see any "america is great" moments myself which i found surprising.

was really impressed by the way they shot it, really obscure close up shots and the sound effects/editing really added to it. god i sound like a 1st year film studies student.

if thats the one with harvey keitel then yeah, i saw the last 40 minutes.
was surpisingly good, didnt see any "america is great" moments myself which i found surprising.

was really impressed by the way they shot it, really obscure close up shots and the sound effects/editing really added to it. god i sound like a 1st year film studies student.

yeah it wasnt so much 'america is great', but it was something that felt similar. stylistically it was nice in parts - although some of it was a little unnecessary - close up of the Keitel character's name on his desk as his office blows out the window in slow motion. was a little bit hammy, a little bit jammy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back