What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

pump_up_the_volume.jpg

Jeez, I was getting a lump in my throat.

The Lake House. Sandy and Keanu back together again.

Deadly stuff.

Well, nice anyway, in a predictably corny way.

United 93.

Well, it didn’t convince me. The ATC bits were good and the last few seconds were “effective”. Too Documentary-ish.

Joy of Madness

not so much a movie as documentary.

it's basically 14 -year old Hana Makhmalbaf's recording the struggle of her siater Samira in casting for "At Five in the Afternoon" in post-Taliban Afghanistan. I probably enjoyed more it having seen At Five in the Afternoon a few months back. The struggles against fear were probably more revealing than the an otheir their other movies.

lady vengeance. fuckin deadly, better than old boy if you ask me. less confusing.

Just watched Behind Enemy Lines on Channel four.

Meh,
Some bits were cool, like the missile chase the landmine bit, and it was an entertaining aul romp I guess, but really it was a bit silly.
Why the CGI explosions?
Why the camera-rotating-360degrees-around-the-protaganists shots? CONSTANTLY. I thought I was gonna be sick.
Why so much of Owen Wilson running randomly around Yugoslavia? What happened in between? Here he is running through a forest, here he is running up a mountain 5 minutes later, here is in a different forest.
Why Owen Wilson with his hair combed to the side? Didn't suit him.
Why the French guys? They did nothing. Nothing at all. Baffling.

And the score was ridiculous. But Gene Hackman was deadly.

over the weekend i saw severance, whitch is ace. perfect mix of comedy and horror/violence, so neither style detracts from the other.
and
harsh times, whitch is ok. it kinda plods along to much, but the last ten minuets or so a great, very confrontational.

i watched The Warriors last night.. one of the very few films that just gets better everytime i see it

Ajax is my favourite Warrior! what a prick!! ahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back