What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

Continuing my recent trend I watched this

View attachment 3875

Very entertaining and features a young Sean Connery - always a good thing to my mind.

Did you watch the documentary with it? Interesting stuff. I think it's great movie. Always heard it was one of the bad ones. But it's the opposite. One of the best.

Still, it's no vertigo though....

Did you watch the documentary with it? Interesting stuff. I think it's great movie. Always heard it was one of the bad ones. But it's the opposite. One of the best.

Still, it's no vertigo though....

Definitely no Vertigo... but Vertigo would be difficult to top. The scenes where she reverts back to childhood are very good. And that 'There, There' when she shot the horse was ominous!

I didn't watch the documentary yet but I will.

And that 'There, There' when she shot the horse was ominous!

I didn't watch the documentary yet but I will.

There's a part in it when they discuss the rape scene and the attitude of the different writers is incredible.

I thought the whole horse thing was creepy.

Actually, a lot of that movie was just "weird". Makes you feel slightly ill at ease.

Bruce Dern's greatest role.

Apparently they weren't happy with the backdrop outside the ma's gaff. You know, the big boat, etc.

That was the best image of the movie for me. In all its fakey-ness.

I reckon Hitch knew.

There's a part in it when they discuss the rape scene and the attitude of the different writers is incredible.

I thought the whole horse thing was creepy.

Actually, a lot of that movie was just "weird". Makes you feel slightly ill at ease.

Bruce Dern's greatest role.

Apparently they weren't happy with the backdrop outside the ma's gaff. You know, the big boat, etc.

That was the best image of the movie for me. In all its fakey-ness.

I reckon Hitch knew.

Watching the documentary is definitely a must then! Very large parts of the movie were weird. Sean Connery was extremely sinister for big chunks of it. Actually, from the scene when he has her do overtime to the scene in her monther's - so pretty much all of the movie. And that sister-in-law!

The big boat was really eyecatching. Very fake looking too. But I agree... I think it was deliberate.

Well thanks to recommendations by nlggggbth and nate championI finally got round to watching my first Cassavetes film, Shadows.Excellent film. Really wraps around you and draws you in so effortlessly withthe guilelessness of the performances and the power of the composition.It's been quite a while since the camera use and framing seemed like such an integral part of the film. Loved it and can't wait to see more.
cassavetes_shadows.jpg
Especially love the guy on the left.Faces is up next.

last night i watched re-animator.

id been itching to see this film and it didnt dissapoint.

managed to be disgusting and hilarious all at the same time.

YES!

Sunset Boulevard.

"I'm ready for my close up Mr De Mille"

So sad!

Some great over the top banter from William Holden though... of the type he did so well. Anyone here ever see "Paris When it Sizzles"? Hilarious!

Sunset Boulevard.

"I'm ready for my close up Mr De Mille"

So sad!

Some great over the top banter from William Holden though... of the type he did so well. Anyone here ever see "Paris When it Sizzles"? Hilarious!

are you sure you weren't watching something else on tv last night:) ??

something featuring bruce willis saving the world from meteors??

no thanks!
i think emotionally i can only take it and Deep Impact once every couple of years

--SPOILERS!--

isn't there a bit where bruce willis appears as an angel at the end?

Emmm... no, but he does have a spectacular series of flashbacks just before he dies. I think you do need to borrow it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back