What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Charlie Bucket said:
probably the last good performance from nic cage...tho the soundtrack is awful cheezy lounge jazz.....

Doesn't Mike Figgis play in a cheesy lounge jazz band? there's a "red mullet" sign on the top of a cab in one scene...

switchblade romance - fairly rubbish the more and more i think about it
ending is so stupid and obvious and ruins the rest of the film

watched Trainspotting last night..actually wasn't a huge fan of this when it first came out, but really digging it now

also watched Serpico which was deadly.. kinda funny the way Al Pacino looks completely different in every scene tho

saw a bit of Pailndromes on saturday night..fucking hell..that was messed up

Broken Flowers - Not sure about this. I reckon if I'd never seen Lost in Translation I may have enjoyed it more. Just felt like Murray treading water.

aoboa said:
Broken Flowers - Not sure about this. I reckon if I'd never seen Lost in Translation I may have enjoyed it more. Just felt like Murray treading water.

I really liked it. Bill is somewhat embedded in my childhood so I am probably biased to liking all his films. Nice atmosphere to the film anyway. Broken FLowers and Howl's Moving Castle were the only two films I thought were any good last year.

over the weekend we had

the weatherman - that was surprisingly good, seeing as i have grown to despise prickolas cage

kung fu hustle - jaysis, absolutely brilliant. so funny

the ringer - not so bad actually, thought it would be rotten. "you complete me" had me in tears....

last weekend was aeon flux, truly awful, especially for stuart townsends cameo, when he just mills into charlize

wkend:

grizzly man. which was really, really great I thought.

crash... load o' bollox. couldn't believe how bad it was on so many levels; pointless sloppy plot, idiotic and profoundly irritating/atrociously acted characters etc. etc. etc.

was pretty pissed off at the fact that I'd just wasted €5 renting crash, when I was suddenly compelled to throw on riki oh: the story of ricky, which had been lying on the floor in front of the tv for several weeks. can't believe I hadn't watched it before. fucking deeeeaaaaaaadly...... :) the head crushing/knitting needle stabbing/manhole jumping sequence is some of the funniest shit I've seen in recent memory. other highlights: flying headstone punching w uncle ghost, the intestine strangling bit, the dude dancing around playing the flute etc. awesome!!!

plug said:
was pretty pissed off at the fact that I'd just wasted €5 renting crash, when I was suddenly compelled to throw on riki oh: the story of ricky, which had been lying on the floor in front of the tv for several weeks. can't believe I hadn't watched it before. fucking deeeeaaaaaaadly...... :) the head crushing/knitting needle stabbing/manhole jumping sequence is some of the funniest shit I've seen in recent memory. other highlights: flying headstone punching w uncle ghost, the intestine strangling bit, the dude dancing around playing the flute etc. awesome!!!

that's a top quality film

I just tried watching 'Texasville' there this evening. I switched it off after less than an hour. Wouldn't be out of place as a midweek movie on TV3.
It's about Jeff Bridges riding women all over a small Texan town and how even this doesn't bring him happiness. It's meant to be a sequel to 'The Last Picture Show' but it has no cinematic worth atall'atall.

because it was yucky outside me and the boy lashed thru the dvds...

we watched:

a ton of freaks and geeks
the entire series of extras
garden state
american pie which the boy had never seen
and the keith barrett show..its only a bit of fun.....

extras was even funnier than i remember it being...freaks and geeks =.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back