What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i watched an episode of CSI: New York where Master P held some DJ over a balcony by his ankles and made him sign a contract

then the guy got stabbed in the neck
Eddie Cahill, the actor who plays the tough guy irish american cop in CSI New York once played Rachel's idiot PA ("Tag") in Friends. True story.

pete said:
Eddie Cahill, the actor who plays the tough guy irish american cop in CSI New York once played Rachel's idiot PA ("Tag") in Friends. True story.

He also played "Bisexual Man #2" in the episode of Sex & The City where Carrie tongues Alanis Morissette during a game of Spin The Bottle, thereby turning herself and the viewing population off the notion of female homosexuality for life.

I actually know quite a bit about Eddie Cahill

Eddie Cahill was born in New York on January 15, 1978. With Italian and Irish decent, Eddie is the second born to his parents, having one older and one younger sister. He graduated from Byram Hills High School in Armonk, New York in 1996.

He appeared in Nicky Silver's Off-Broadway play The Altruists in 2000. He made his move onto TV screens in June of 2000 guest-starring opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in "Sex and the City." He made his big break in October of 2000 winning the role of Rachel's new assistant in "Friends."

His other TV appearances include "Charmed," "Felicity," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."

In 2001 Eddie signed a holding deal with The WB Network to star in his own TV show. "Glory Days," debuted in 2002 but, while well received by critics and viewers, it did not last long. Not discouraged, Eddie went on to make appearances in the series "Haunted" and "Dawson's Creek."

In 2004 he made his leap onto the big screen in Disney's Miracle playing his childhood hero Jim Craig. He continued his movie career in 2005 appearing in the movie Lords of Dogtown.

Also, in 2004 he joined the cast of the newest addition to the "CSI" franchise "CSI: New York." He can be seen playing Detective Don Flack every Wednesday on CBS at 10/9 central.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
I actually know quite a bit about Eddie Cahill

Eddie Cahill was born in New York on January 15, 1978. With Italian and Irish decent, Eddie is the second born to his parents, having one older and one younger sister. He graduated from Byram Hills High School in Armonk, New York in 1996.

He appeared in Nicky Silver's Off-Broadway play The Altruists in 2000. He made his move onto TV screens in June of 2000 guest-starring opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in "Sex and the City." He made his big break in October of 2000 winning the role of Rachel's new assistant in "Friends."

His other TV appearances include "Charmed," "Felicity," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."

In 2001 Eddie signed a holding deal with The WB Network to star in his own TV show. "Glory Days," debuted in 2002 but, while well received by critics and viewers, it did not last long. Not discouraged, Eddie went on to make appearances in the series "Haunted" and "Dawson's Creek."

In 2004 he made his leap onto the big screen in Disney's Miracle playing his childhood hero Jim Craig. He continued his movie career in 2005 appearing in the movie Lords of Dogtown.

Also, in 2004 he joined the cast of the newest addition to the "CSI" franchise "CSI: New York." He can be seen playing Detective Don Flack every Wednesday on CBS at 10/9 central.

I'll be in new york for his birthday on sunday. I'll say hi for you.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i have this movie with master p, snoop, slikkk the shocker and gary busey
you'd think it would be the greatest movie of all time, wouldn't you?
i can't even remember what it's called
"gang law" or something

i wish the wire was still on

That movie sounds fucking amazing. I want to borrow it.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Came very close to buying this last night - probably will when the paycheque comes through. Great great film.

Last few days i've watched Wolf Creek (hated it, too misogynistic by half), Batman Begins (not bad, bit of a snoozer though), life aquatic (really really liked it, one to buy methinks), anchor man (gets better and better) and loads of OZ (see appreciation thread)
twas far from feminist high horses you was raised.

watched the island earlier. as aoboa says, the product placement is pretty intense. the least subliminal of all time ever probably.

last good thing i watched was prob death race 2000, purchased from play for a total off 99p or something. deadly film. first thing i ever saw on VHS at the tender age of 7, i think...

Roberto Succo

Roberto Succo was an Italian murderer who escaped to France where he embarked on an odyssey of killing and kidnapping. Young, French director/co-writer Cédric Kahn reconstructs his final two years on the run using the testimony of police, victims and other eyewitnesses to create a film that favours factual accuracy over melodrama.
Kahn reflected that the finished work "lies somewhere between biography, romance, crime story and documentary", although in terms of narrative he readily drew parallels with the novels of James Ellroy.

The movie documents the ordeals which Succo's victims endured, and the modus operandi employed by the eponymous psychotic, compulsive liar. But equally disquieting is the true-life love story charting his relationship with Léa, a cynical, teenage ingénue. Stefano Cassetti, who plays the lead, pinpointed why this figure was so unique to Succo: "[She was the only girl] he met by kissing and not at gunpoint". This relatively normal relationship apparently offers Succo a chance of normality, but it's soon clear that his past crimes have been too disturbing. Léa, therefore, becomes just another symbol of what he can never attain, along with the lies and self-aggrandisement that fuel his damaged ego.

Cassetti made his feature debut as Succo, confidently delivering a believable, haunting performance. "Cédric [Kahn] spotted my own unease," he commented, and the character's ever-present edginess results in his unpredictable swings from caring, effusive boyfriend to butcher, which in turn seals in the work's compelling tension.

Even Kahn, who remained anxious not to glamorise Succo's monstrous proclivities, was aware of his strange charm. He is Billy Liar with a Berreta and a bad attitude. But this film refuses to glorify or stand back aghast. With economy and vivacity it simply achieves what Hollywood has so often failed to do, presenting a terrifying but truthful portrait of a serial killer.

not nearly as intense as i expected. being based on a true story n'all

Match Point.

I quite enjoyed it overall, except for the absolutely appallingly bad Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Why he was chosen I cannot fathom. True, it was refreshing not to see Allen cast another sycophantic surrogate but he has to one of the worst actors I've ever seen. Everyone else I thought was excellent, and a stronger male lead would have elevated the whole film. Instead it leaves me grumbling.
Films about little bubble aristocracies in England don't appeal to me that much, but fair fucks to Woody for creating a very strong work that looks and feels like nothing he's done in years.

Oh and Scarlett.... jaysus....

lost in translation.

liked it before but now i'm thinking it's just one long laff at japapense people: 'rick my stocking' ha ha, 'lat pack' ha ha, look at how taller bill murray is! ha ha. japan is a funny little country.

old boy: amazing. best flick i've seen in ages.

tonic wine
buckfast.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back