What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

A bay of blood (1971)
An elderly woman dies & a number of dodgy heirs seek to be the sole benefactors of her estate by eliminating anyone with a claim, and even some who don’t have a claim.
Cult Italian slasher directed by Mario Bava. Well made, looks great as you would expect. Quiet graphic as well. Everyone dies. The final twist was a bit unnecessary, but other than that, it’s good.
Full film up on youtube

Last edited:
Rolling Thunder - excellent revenge thriller from 1977 free on Amazon (with a few brief ads) in the UK at least.

I just came across this during a random browse and it turns out it's quite well known because it's one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite films. I only paused to look it up because it stars William Devane and I used to watch a lot of Knots Landing as a kid. Tommy Lee Jones is in it too. Recommended!

Watched time twisting cop drama Deja Vu starring Denzel Washington again (no almost pun intended} for the first time since seeing it at the cinema in 2006. I was surprised I'd forgotten how deeply stupid it is. Entertaining enough, but so so ridiculous.

Killer's moon (1978)
A group of schoolgirls & their teachers stranded in a remote country house are terrorised by four, very theatrical, homicidal manics who have escaped from the local asylum.
I seen this mentioned on a list of British physiological thrillers from the 1970's.
Well shot with a nice cold grainy atmosphere, but it's hamstrung by unconvincing acting, off beat reactions & clunky, disjointed dialogue.

One schoolgirl says to her friend (@01:13 approx)

" Look, you were only raped. As long as you don't tell anyone about it, you'll be alright. You pretend it never happened & I'll pretend I never saw it. And if we ever get out of this alive, well, maybe we'll both live to be wives and mothers"

Full film on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back