What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

The beast must die (1974)
Agatha Christie style kitsch fest release by amicus about a multi millionaire who invites a number of guests to his countryside mansion, one of which he believes to be a werewolf. Well made nonsense that is still better than any of that marvel shite. And it has a werewolf break.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Animal Kingdom

A bit soft for an old grizzler like myself but I enjoyed it ,its probably for kids and they would love it..well thoughtful kids who like French cinema would anyway..It's a decent movie. Excellent fx.

Last night: Clown apocalypse which is gas and quite the turn from Friday nights film, Kidnapped. A dark, ultra violent home invasion film.

The Killer

Great opening scene but it doesn’t really go anywhere. I feel like it is trying to be the thinking man’s John Wick but it didn’t really land for me.

An Unusual Apprentice
About a sculptor in Tbilisi fails to gets fed up of making headstones for money and never getting to create his great artistic sculptures. Quite good.

Lust For Gold
Excellent Romanian film about greedy people mad for gold, no smiling or laughing in this one.

Gentlemen of Fortune
Very enjoyable Russian comedy about a Kindergarten teacher who looks just like a dangerous criminal and reluctantly agrees to pretend to be the criminal and go to jail to try and get info out of the real criminal's accomplices.

Faces
Marital problems, mid-life crises and that kind of thing. Great stuff.

Scream and scream again (1970)
Disjointed thriller made by amicus.
Basically it's about a mad surgeon, funded by some foreign totalitarian regime who modifies regular humans to create "composites" beings with extraordinary strength and intelligence. One of them escapes and starts killing young women and the cops get involved. Its not great. Had potential, but the script is a mess. Could have been improved with some better editing.

The Goat Horn1972 Directed by Metodi Andonov
Synopsis
XVII century, Bulgaria is under Ottoman rule. Four men break into the house of the shepherd Karaivan, raping and killing his wife in full view of their child, Maria. To protect his daughter and to enact revenge, he raises Maria as a son, teaching her to fight and kill. But as Maria grows up, she longs for a different life.
Good. I hate when a movie is dubbed into its own original language. I've read that the commies had film cameras that captured a great picture but were really noisy and so they had to dub loads of stuff.

McCabe & Mrs. Miller 1971 Directed by Robert Altman
Synopsis
Name your poison

A gambler and a prostitute become business partners in a remote Old West mining town, and their enterprise thrives until a large corporation arrives on the scene.
Very good

Mindhorn (2016) - Consistently watchable without any standout laughs. 90 minutes.

The Northman (2022) - Quality bit of killing throughout. Some size.

leave the world behind. cyber attack psychological horror. achieved the goal of being unsettling. a bit frustrating/disappointing in the end though

Tomorrow I’ll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea, 1977, Directed by Jindřich Polák
Former Nazi Klaus Abard survives to the 1990s by taking anti-ageing pills. He plans to use a time travel trip to return to Germany in 1944 and present Hitler with a hydrogen bomb, so that he can win the war. Unfortunately the pilot, woman-chasing Karel Bures, dies on the morning of the trip and his earnest twin brother Jan impersonates him, without knowing about the plot. The plot goes wrong...
Silly and entertaining Czechoslovakian sci-fi comedy set in a very 1970s looking 1990s

Videograms of a Revolution
Videograms of a Revolution is a 1992 documentary film compiled by Harun Farocki and Andrei Ujică from over 125 hours of amateur footage, news footage, and excerpts from the Bucharest TV studio overtaken by demonstrators as part of the December 1989 Romanian Revolution.
This is great, really intense. I remember the Ceaucescus on the news that Christmas but I was 12 and i was all like meh. I got two new Erasure tapes - a copy of Wild! and a legit brand new cassette of Wonderland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back