What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

my dad wanted to watch 'sleepers' cos he read the book a few years ago and wanted to see the movie, so i watched it with him. for a movie with so much talent involved, it's a bit shit.

Almost finished with Cruise's Mummy
Been watching it for the past week or so.

It's a very odd film
Not not entertaining, but strange to see wee Tommy try to get a franchise up and going

Last few days I saw:

The Royal Hotel - two Canadian backpackers end up at a remote outback drinking den working in the bar. It's decent, good film, nothing amazing though.

Bottoms - two gay girls in school start a female fight club to seduce cheerleaders. It's very funny really, absolutely absurd but coherent enough to make the laughs count.

The Marvels. I enjoyed it - good fun. Three protagonists - all female. Antagonist - female. One cameo - female. Samuel L Jackson - comic relief. Great use of Elaine Paige doing Memory. Decent end credits scene that sets some good stuff up.

Asylum (1972)
Rewatch of this old amicus anthology film on dvd. A young psychiatrist (Robert Powell) new to an asylum for the insane is told the backstories of four of the inpatients and how they ended up where they are. Really well made, with a great cast. Its old fashioned stuff at this stage of the game, but I love these films.

Last edited:
Prometheus
Looks beautiful but in terms of plot it is still basically Ridley Scott farting and inhaling his own magnificence for two hours.

Alien: Covenant
Grand, stands up to rewatching better than Prometheus and is the better of the two.

Alien
Masterpiece, shits on the two prequels.

Beware my brethren (1972)
On bluray. A repressed, religious zealot brainwashed by his fanatical pastor & overbearing mother develops a murderous vendetta against loose women. I took a punt on this one & it's good. Low budget, but really well made. The acting & direction is very good. Nice soundtrack & it has that 70s British look I like.

The full film is up on YouTube. Here's a trailer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i wasn't expecting those two alien prequels to be good when i watched them a couple of years ago, and in fact, i wasn't even aware of them at the time (prometheus anyway). i enjoyed them. better than alien 3 and everything that came after

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Absolutely awful.
I enjoyed the heck out of this. But a little Chris Pine goes a long way with me.
The whole cast were good. I saw it on a plane though.

Great romp.
Love a bit of Fincher. Enjoyed backtracking the story in my head.
Why he killed certain people and why not others and all that.
The monologue was bordering on comic. Especially when combined with the names on his credit cards.

I enjoyed the heck out of this. But a little Chris Pine goes a long way with me.

Great romp.
The monologue was bordering on comic. Especially when combined with the names on his credit cards.
Yeah I want to watch it again and pay attention to the plot details a little more.

I also enjoyed D&D

D&D was like ChatGPT wrote a fantasy movie - the plot was awful, the characters were one-dimensional, and the dialogue was one long cliché. It was a Marvel movie with a different intellectual property’s skin. Honestly, I’d rather watch someone play the game because at least you’d get a decent story and something resembling originality.

Yeah I want to watch it again and pay attention to the plot details a little more.

I also enjoyed D&D
It was only after thinking back I copped whose cigarettes were left at the gate
I had assumed wrong

He breaks so many of his own rules
I wholly enjoyed the voiceover. Bonkers motherfucker.

Great romp.
D&D was a good laugh, which is all it was really meant to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back